Uniden BCD436HP/536HP performance in Philly

Status
Not open for further replies.

NUGEN

I've setup alot of the 436 and 536's for people monitoring Philly P25 Phase I and so far we've had nothing but success. Was curious if anyone has encountered any issues with these so far inside of Philly.

Also, the speculation is that Philly will switch over to Phase II in 1-2 years. When they do switch does anyone know if they are going to drop down to 700mhz or what? If that's the case and they do then you would have to update the scanner's Database again to get the new frequencies.

whsbuss

I've setup alot of the 436 and 536's for people monitoring Philly P25 Phase I and so far we've had nothing but success. Was curious if anyone has encountered any issues with these so far inside of Philly.

Also, the speculation is that Philly will switch over to Phase II in 1-2 years. When they do switch does anyone know if they are going to drop down to 700mhz or what? If that's the case and they do then you would have to update the scanner's Database again to get the new frequencies.

Philly has always been a tough one to decode digital. I'm in the NW suburbs and cannot receive their signals but Montco's P25 has been difficult at my location. Get garbled digital 80% of the time. How good has the 436 been?

phillydjdan

I don't think they will be moving again. There is no need for them to do so, and the cost would be huge, I'm sure. They moved this time because they had to. I wouldn't expect them to do it again. As for them switching to Phase 2, it's npt looking like that's gonna happen soon either. I have yet to see a single police officer with an APX radio. As strapped as this city is for money, I wouldn't be surprised if the switch never happens. On a side note, I expect to be getting a 536 within the next couple of weeks and will be testing it on Philly's system for myself. The other tests that were done on here look encouraging, though.

whsbuss

I don't think they will be moving again. There is no need for them to do so, and the cost would be huge, I'm sure. They moved this time because they had to. I wouldn't expect them to do it again. As for them switching to Phase 2, it's npt looking like that's gonna happen soon either. I have yet to see a single police officer with an APX radio. As strapped as this city is for money, I wouldn't be surprised if the switch never happens. On a side note, I expect to be getting a 536 within the next couple of weeks and will be testing it on Philly's system for myself. The other tests that were done on here look encouraging, though.

Actually Sprint paid for the rebanding both Philly and Montco. They needed the freq's for expansion.

NUGEN

I had the chance to listen to the 436 and 536 in the NE and N philly, they both sounded flawless, even when driving. I setup some for friends of mine who wreck chase and they've had all good things to say.

The only bad thing I've heard is that they aren't fleet friendly in the sense that one guy in TX doing installs had problems when they start the truck they don't scan properly until manually turned off and then back on. Also with the card based scanner it has to write each time it turns off prompting the need for a battery backup.

phillydjdan

Wow, they're getting them already. I guess I should get on the ball and get my Philly region profile setup for my customers!

Status
Not open for further replies.