Uniden BCD436HP and GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

I did a search on that auction site for a 396 cable. They list one for programming as a 9 pin and one end seems to be round. I want t to be able to hook 436, 536 and or hp1 to allow me to run the audio

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lawman210

Yes i just got that gps puck in today along with the adapter cable u show. Those are what I need for gps hook on all my scanners but I thought there was another cable needed to hook to computer?

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Yes i just got that gps puck in today along with the adapter cable u show. Those are what I need for gps hook on all my scanners but I thought there was another cable needed to hook to computer?

You would need a serial cable to USB to go to the PC. Not needed for me as I have a GPS stereo head unit and a 5" Garmin unit.

Going to add to cart right now and be GPS friendly next week!

thank you.

lawman210

Anyone know what type of Mount the Garmin 18 uses? On the bottom of the puck it has a small threaded hole much like a camera has but it's really small.

Dewey

plus a null modem.

This is true for the Uniden data (serial) cable, but keep in mind that Uniden also now sells a GPS cable so the null modem adapter is no longer needed. The quickest way that I tell the difference between the two is that Uniden's data cable has the female serial connector, requiring a male to male null modem adapter for GPS use. However, Uniden's GPS cable has a male serial connector enabling it to be plugged in to any standard GPS serial cable without any adapters.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what type of Mount the Garmin 18 uses? On the bottom of the puck it has a small threaded hole much like a camera has but it's really small.

I saw one reference online that said M3. Base is also magnetic - Iuse double sided tape fwiw.

lawman210

This is true for the Uniden data (serial) cable, but keep in mind that Uniden also now sells a GPS cable so the null modem adapter is no longer needed. The quickest way that I tell the difference between the two is that Uniden's data cable has the female serial connector, requiring a male to male null modem adapter for GPS use. However, Uniden's GPS cable has a male serial connector enabling it to be plugged in to any standard GPS serial cable without any adapters.

Yes i recently bought one to adapt the serial cable over to the plug needed for a 436 and hp1. They connected up but they both had the screws on the connectors so I could not utilize them to help secure them together. Usually the screws will screw in to the pc or device which has small nuts to receive the screw pins. Where both connectors connected I had to use electrical tape to secure them together

Dewey

Yes i recently bought one to adapt the serial cable over to the plug needed for a 436 and hp1. They connected up but they both had the screws on the connectors so I could not utilize them to help secure them together. Usually the screws will screw in to the pc or device which has small nuts to receive the screw pins. Where both connectors connected I had to use electrical tape to secure them together

Understood, but if you're not aware, you can buy hex nuts to solve that problem.

Wholesalecables.com Hex Nut # 4 - 40 100 Pieces 5.0mm

Hex Nuts - 100 pack - Computer Cable Store™

Hex Nut | # 4 - 40 | 100 Pieces | 5.9mm

The only caveat is to do your own verification to ensure that they are the type that accept two thumb screws.

phask

Premium Subscriber

Other solutions.

Local hardware store and 2 long screws and nuts, local computer store - and his junk box.

A couple zip ties.

in my case - screws from some old parallel cables in the junk box.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
I'm uploading a second video of my set up. I will link it as soon as it's uploaded.
10 minutes to complete the upload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-wu872dHQ

I hope this will help.
Again, Please be kind with any comments. My family reads my comments on youtube.

Thank you.

Now we all know what to get for our 436 models!

Off to spend some money......Don't tell the wife! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.