Uniden BCD436HP Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJ7

I have to reset the clock each time I turn the scanner on. I am using standard Duracell Coppertop Batteries. What have I forgotten to do?

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I have to reset the clock each time I turn the scanner on. I am using standard Duracell Coppertop Batteries. What have I forgotten to do?

The battery that runs the clock is not the batteries that run the scanner. Your experience suggest that the batteries that run the scanner do not charge the battery that runs the clock.

To charge the battery that runs the clock I think you will have to use the USB cable either to a computer or wall wart or power strip that have a USB charger port installed.

You do not need a full 50 hours of charging all at once but a little here and a little there in charging should work.

I have read that the batteries that run the scanner only charge if the scanner is off and the battery that runs the clock may only charge when the scanner on. Perhaps others can clear this up.

Can you use your scanner without setting the clock? The clock/date is needed to time/date stamp the recordings that you make.

Status
Not open for further replies.