Uniden BCD436HP manually entering a frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadaUser

Hi All

So I have my radio set up to the channels I want from the download (see my previous post May 2014 on how to actually set up favorite list). Now I'd like to add a couple of frequencies I've come across. I tried pressing chan, entering the frequency but the radio didn't accept my frequency data so I'm thinking I might have missed a dash/dot/something trying to enter it. Question - can the Uniden BCD436HP accept manual frequencies and what is the format?

Thanks

Voyager

If you mean to temporarily monitor a single frequency, the method you described works. I suspect you hit the ENTER button rather than using CHAN FREQ CHAN (I.E. CHAN 162.450 CHAN). Conventional frequencies MUST have a decimal point in them.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you're trying to add conventional channels.

There may be a shortcut, but I know this works:

Menu -> Manage Favorites -> Choose Favorites list -> Review/Edit System -> Choose system (must be a conventional system) -> Edit Department -> Choose Dept -> Edit Channel -> New Channel -> input frequency, including the decimal point.

Now you can edit the alpha tag, enter a PL tone, etc, etc.

Hope that helps.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Oh wait, you can do as you describe, but just hit 'Enter'. It will save the channel to a new system it creates called Quick Save System. That's the shortcut. If you want to save it in a specific department then use the path from my last post.

CanadaUser

Thanks for all your suggestions. I monitor local police and they have alternate channels. I've found a site that lists those (not sure if that's up to date or accurate) but I've tried what you suggested in your first post (with the decimal) with no success. My CHAN button is CHAN MOD (BCD436HP) not CHAN FREQ? I have radio set up to go to Favorite List when turned on and I'd really like to add some of the alternate channels without messing up the my current list. Appreciate the support.

Voyager

CHAN FREQ CHAN means to press the CHAN button (CHAN MOD) then type the frequency, then press that button again. I.E. CHAN 162.450 CHAN

Now, that is to temporarily monitor a specific frequency, and not scan. If you want to enter the frequency in a FL, use the method in post 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.