Uniden BCD436HP mysteriously turns up volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
My 436 mysteriously turned up the volume today from 0 to 10 on its own!
No joke. I was taking a nap, and from the other room where my scanner is located, I kept hearing talking, at first I thought it was coming from outside. But nope that was not the case!
Has anybody experienced this before? I've had it plugged in for a few weeks now, I rarely turn up the volume, only if I'm in that room. But always turn it down to zero when I leave the room.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Nope. And I have been running them mostly continuously for years.

troymail

Silent Key
My 436 mysteriously turned up the volume today from 0 to 10 on its own!
No joke. I was taking a nap, and from the other room where my scanner is located, I kept hearing talking, at first I thought it was coming from outside. But nope that was not the case!
Has anybody experienced this before? I've had it plugged in for a few weeks now, I rarely turn up the volume, only if I'm in that room. But always turn it down to zero when I leave the room.

Sounds like the radio rebooted itself (mine does all the time) and when it did, it reverted back to the volume it was set to when you last powered it down normally.

When this crash/reboot occurs on my 436 (and it happens alot), it reverts many of the settings back to those which were set at the last normal power down.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I use Replay, but not recording, so I don't have issues with the scanner rebooting.

There's a firmware bug that can periodically crash the scanner when you get a large number (32,000) of recorded files on the card.

Ubbe

It was discussed in another thread and I also woke up and heard voices and my 536 had gone from lowest volume to my normal listening level which is 7.

We need to remember to turn our scanners off and on before going to bed to store the current status. One nuiciance is that all temp locks are released.

My reboots seems to happen when I have prio, close call and recording activated while scanning DMR systems.
Maybe too much for the CPU and the watch dog kicks in?

/Ubbe

troymail

Silent Key
We need to remember to turn our scanners off and on before going to bed to store the current status. One nuiciance is that all temp locks are released.
Ridiculous!

Hard to believe that after nearly 3 1/2 years Uniden can't fix this - not just the crash / reboot issue but they can't even seem to "catch" the crash and store the settings before "self-rebooting" (and/or simply periodically store the user settings)?

To quote the Donald - "Sad".

Status
Not open for further replies.