BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Uniden BCD436HP P25 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

96dodgeram360

I recently purchased this scanner and I’m trying to get it set up properly… I live in La Grange Tx 78945 zip… we have P25 phase II here locally and I’m have an in and out issue… any help would be great thanks!

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Don’t know what an “in and out” issue is but La Grange only has the FD listed in the Radio Reference database (RR) as a conventional system. The rest (PD, etc) are on the P25 system you mention. Since I’m not from the area I would suggest you swing by the local FD and inquire who may be running a scanner, their local scanner guru, and ask if they might help. That trunked system is large, meaning you don’t need to (and shouldn’t) install all of it. First, list what services you would like to monitor and ask the local knowledgeable guru. You can also log into the regional RR Forums, listed by state and ask for help there. Go to RR,, tap the Forums tab and scroll down to the regional groups, choose Texas and post a request for help.

96dodgeram360

Don’t know what an “in and out” issue is but La Grange only has the FD listed in the Radio Reference database (RR) as a conventional system. The rest (PD, etc) are on the P25 system you mention. Since I’m not from the area I would suggest you swing by the local FD and inquire who may be running a scanner, their local scanner guru, and ask if they might help. That trunked system is large, meaning you don’t need to (and shouldn’t) install all of it. First, list what services you would like to monitor and ask the local knowledgeable guru. You can also log into the regional RR Forums, listed by state and ask for help there. Go to RR,, tap the Forums tab and scroll down to the regional groups, choose Texas and post a request for help.

I’m sorry I wasn’t more clear the received departments mostly are cutting in and out while talking I can’t ever receive a complete broadcast

96dodgeram360

I’m sorry I wasn’t more clear the received departments mostly are cutting in and out while talking I can’t ever receive a complete broadcast
I’ve set digital threshold to 5 but still on auto
I still haven’t figured out how to Manually adjust

I’ve changed delay time (do I need more or less?) I’ve tried less maybe seemed to help a little

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the area in RR Database I see that there are other transmitters in the area.
As an experiment can you drive near the site and see if the reception gets better. You may be getting interference from a cell site or other system site near you.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
There are three sites for the LCRA system in Fayette county. None are tagged as Simulcast.

If the transmissions are 'cutting in and out', is that 'cutting in and out' on a fairly consistent interval? There are three things that can cause a repeated, regular, interruption of your reception.
Priority is enabled
Weather Priority
and
Close Call.

Any of those three will cause regular, brief, interruptions in your monitoring. Did you program it your self, or did you order it pre-programmed from one of the dealers? Have you installed Sentinel? If so, look at your Profile in Sentinel. You can check there to see if any of these three items are enabled.

If you want to ask for help or information in the Texas Forum, do not start a separate thread. Instead, click on the Report link in one of your posts & request that your thread be moved down to the Texas regional forum.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I recorded a video but I can not upload on here
There are limits on file types & sizes as to what can be attached to a post.

If you can put your video file on one of the online drives, such as DropBox or Google drive (or on YouTube), then you could post a link on where to view it.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased this scanner and I’m trying to get it set up properly… I live in La Grange Tx 78945 zip… we have P25 phase II here locally and I’m have an in and out issue… any help would be great thanks!

If you will make of list of things you want to hear, I would be happy to assist you in your programming efforts. From what I am seeing in the RR DB, there are only three sites listed for your county on LCRA P25.

96dodgeram360

There are three sites for the LCRA system in Fayette county. None are tagged as Simulcast.

If the transmissions are 'cutting in and out', is that 'cutting in and out' on a fairly consistent interval? There are three things that can cause a repeated, regular, interruption of your reception.
Priority is enabled
Weather Priority
and
Close Call.

Any of those three will cause regular, brief, interruptions in your monitoring. Did you program it your self, or did you order it pre-programmed from one of the dealers? Have you installed Sentinel? If so, look at your Profile in Sentinel. You can check there to see if any of these three items are enabled.

If you want to ask for help or information in the Texas Forum, do not start a separate thread. Instead, click on the Report link in one of your posts & request that your thread be moved down to the Texas regional forum.
I do have priority and close call enabled let me disable and try that thanks

96dodgeram360

If you will make of list of things you want to hear, I would be happy to assist you in your programming efforts. From what I am seeing in the RR DB, there are only three sites listed for your county on LCRA P25.

Thanks brother I’ll get back on here tonight and send you a list I think I have everything programmed in just need help making them consistently pick up broadcast I’ll get back with you soon

96dodgeram360

BCD436HP ISSUES please help

here you can see what it’s doing I did have priority on at that time and close call so I still need to go through and turn off those… but I think it’s not interference from other channels that are prioritized

also I do have sentinel forgot cord up at work last night will hook it up tonight and mess with it

thanks for all of y’all’s help

96dodgeram360

Ok I think I make some serious headway… I was finally able to hook up to sentinel… I found out radio reference had WAY more channels I was missing about 75% of channels… I see the button for update database so I did so… then all of my frequencies matched radio reference website 😃 anyways I’m super new to digital scanners/ radios so at the end of the day did it update any trunking data that would help with my receiving full message issues? Or is that wishful thinking?

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Your video shows that Close Call Priority is enabled. When Close Call is enabled, the scanner checks for a Close Call hit every 2 seconds. Close Call Priority will interrupt transmissions to do this check. If Close Call DND (Do Not Disturb) is selected, it will check for hits only if it is not receiving a transmission. (Other priority modes have similar behavior)

I’d you use close call, I suggest using Close Call DND to avoid these interruptions for a better scanning experience.

See close call modes In the easier to read manual: Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.