Uniden BCD436HP Price is a Good Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
So I was cleaning out my house and throwing a lot of old junk away and paperwork and found a receipt from HRO back on 5-21-2005 from where I bought the first Uniden 296D radio with digital receive.

So back 9 years ago I paid 519.90 for this portable radio and back 9 years that was a lot of money.

So conclusion to why I posted this thread was because I wanted to let people know that 9 years later these new radios from Uniden have dropped in price and have a lot more features and technology built into the radio.

Please no trolling on this thread. This was just put out there for information on how much radio's cost almost a decade ago.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
When you consider inflation, you are correct. I remember when I bought mine and my wallet exploded...LOL

kd7ckq

wow! using 519.90 in 2005 dollars times inflation is around $623.88 in today dollars.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I think the prices are lower because they are selling a lot more scanners now than they did back then due to the increase in the use of digital systems. Nine years ago digital systems were pretty scarce.

I think Uniden new there would be a high demand for these new radios, mainly due to the future planed/expected use of Phase II and their Phase II capability as well as an improvement in LSM reception, which seemed to be two of the biggest complaints seen in these forums. Prices are always based on supply and demand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.