BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Uniden BCD436HP Talkgroups

I am looking to purchase a Uniden BCD436HP and was wondering if it can listen in on specific Talkgroups and Frequencies. Is there any way I can program this scanner to reach a very specific Frequency or talk group? Any help is appreciated!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If the system is simulcast, its not the best scanner but everyone's environment is different. Mine works great in my home but outside around town there are spots it sucks.

What county and system are you looking at?

I am in Canada dealing with York Regional Trunked system and I'm just wondering if it'll work on that system.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums. Is this the system in question?

If yes then expect to face a degree of simulcast distortion on most scanners. I'd recommend a Uniden SDS100 over the 436HP to combat this issue. I own both and my 436HP struggles on simulcast systems in my region which my SDS picks up without skipping a beat

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I am looking to purchase a Uniden BCD436HP and was wondering if it can listen in on specific Talkgroups and Frequencies. Is there any way I can program this scanner to reach a very specific Frequency or talk group? Any help is appreciated!
I am in Canada dealing with York Regional Trunked system and I'm just wondering if it'll work on that system.
I believe OP is talking about the below system. If this is correct, you most likely will not be able to hear much, if any, traffic on this system with any scanner. Please look at the database entry, in the mode column it lists DE which indicts full time encryption. There are a few TGs in the clear, but not many.

Additionally, as @dave3825 said, there is no guarantee that scanner will work on simulcast systems, which the York Region is, though it is mainly based on location whether you will be able to receive traffic when it is a simulcast system.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums. Is this the system in question?

If yes then expect to face a degree of simulcast distortion on most scanners. I'd recommend a Uniden SDS100 over the 436HP to combat this issue. I own both and my 436HP struggles on simulcast systems in my region which my SDS picks up without skipping a beat

You didn't mention all the DE labeled TGs :)

I believe OP is talking about the below system. If this is correct, you most likely will not be able to hear much, if any, traffic on this system with any scanner. Please look at the database entry, in the mode column it lists DE which indicts full time encryption. There are a few TGs in the clear, but not many.

Additionally, as @dave3825 said, there is no guarantee that scanner will work on simulcast systems, which the York Region is, though it is mainly based on location whether you will be able to receive traffic when it is a simulcast system.

Thank you for the help! I'm new to this radio scanner stuff I appreciate the advice!