Uniden BCD436HP won't turn on, no repairs from Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomChrisOwens

Feed Provider
I have in my possession two Uniden BCD436HP model scanners, one is mine and the other is a friends.
They have had their share of run time over the past year since we purchased them, but now they don't "run" at all...…….:(

I can not get them to boot up and I have tried everything I can think of to solve the issue ( aside from opening the scanners to locate a problem, I wouldn't know what to look for ), I don't think its the SD card because they don't display the normal message for a faulty card, they wont boot at all.
I have tried:
- Changing batteries
- Plugging them in without the batteries
- Swapping power sources and cables
- Formatting and reformatting the SD cards using sentinel
- Swapping to a different branded (new) FAT32 SD card
- plugging them into my laptop ( both with batteries, and without batteries )

Nothing seems to work, and I seriously don't want to think that after only a year, over $1,000 was for absolutely nothing...…..
Any suggestions on what I might be able to do to fix this problem?

As well, it appears that Uniden will sell units in Canadian stores, but will not fulfill repairs on them unless you have someone in the USA who can receive the returned item for you ( Uniden will not ship back to Canada )
This doesn't seem right, as I purchased the units from Uniden via Amazon Canada, they arrived in less than 3-days, meaning they were probably already at the Amazon warehouse in Vaughn when I put in my order. If you can purchase the items in Canada, why can't Canadians have repairs done on the items that they paid so much for?
- If anyone has any info on how to solve the tech problem or how to get the units repaired that doesn't require a USA address that would be appreciated so very much!

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
I have in my possession two Uniden BCD436HP model scanners, one is mine and the other is a friends.
They have had their share of run time over the past year since we purchased them, but now they don't "run" at all...…….:(

I can not get them to boot up and I have tried everything I can think of to solve the issue ( aside from opening the scanners to locate a problem, I wouldn't know what to look for ), I don't think its the SD card because they don't display the normal message for a faulty card, they wont boot at all.
I have tried:
- Changing batteries
- Plugging them in without the batteries
- Swapping power sources and cables
- Formatting and reformatting the SD cards using sentinel
- Swapping to a different branded (new) FAT32 SD card
- plugging them into my laptop ( both with batteries, and without batteries )

Nothing seems to work, and I seriously don't want to think that after only a year, over $1,000 was for absolutely nothing...…..
Any suggestions on what I might be able to do to fix this problem?

As well, it appears that Uniden will sell units in Canadian stores, but will not fulfill repairs on them unless you have someone in the USA who can receive the returned item for you ( Uniden will not ship back to Canada )
This doesn't seem right, as I purchased the units from Uniden via Amazon Canada, they arrived in less than 3-days, meaning they were probably already at the Amazon warehouse in Vaughn when I put in my order. If you can purchase the items in Canada, why can't Canadians have repairs done on the items that they paid so much for?
- If anyone has any info on how to solve the tech problem or how to get the units repaired that doesn't require a USA address that would be appreciated so very much!
We do repair items from Canada. The only difference is there is an extra $5.00 fee for shipping. Canadian customers can follow the normal repair protocol on our site just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.