Uniden BCD536HP and Military scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Hey Guys & Ladies,

I'm having a issue with not being able to pick up anything that deals with the Military on the 200mhz but I can hear VHF fine. My antenna is a Comet DS-150s discone that covers 25-1500mhz and I should be able to pick up something around the 200mhz frequencies. I have everything programmed right but not sure why I can not hear anything the antenna is installed in the attic. Could it be something in Sentinel that isn't programmed right? I have Analog/AM mode selected. Anything I can check in the Profile or file?

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Attenuator is turned off. How do I find the programming file once I save as?

bama9999

In Sentinel, click on "Edit Profile" and then click the service types tab and make sure that Military is checked.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
In Sentinel, click on "Edit Profile" and then click the service types tab and make sure that Military is checked.

Yep, it's checked. I deleted the frequencies and started over from scratch maybe hopefully it'll pick up something. I know my antenna works I can pick up Federal VHF fine and around my area when I use the zip code feature.

I attached my programming file.

Attachments

• Programmingfile.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I am able to pick up 311.000 but not around 200mhz area for unknown reason. Any idea guys and ladies? I've checked my programming file three times still see why I can't pick up the 200mhz frequencies.

Attachments

• programmingfile.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I looked at the programming file and nothing jumps out at me.

Have you tried setting up a search on your scanner with the desired frequency range? If you receive "stuff" doing the search, then there might be something in the program file that's an issue, but not visible.

If you don't receive anything during the search, then it might be a reception issue. That could be an antenna issue all the way to the "nothing is being transmitted so there isn't anything to receive".

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I looked at the programming file and nothing jumps out at me.

Have you tried setting up a search on your scanner with the desired frequency range? If you receive "stuff" doing the search, then there might be something in the program file that's an issue, but not visible.

If you don't receive anything during the search, then it might be a reception issue. That could be an antenna issue all the way to the "nothing is being transmitted so there isn't anything to receive".

I tried using the custom search it doesn't scan the 200mhz when I programmed the scanner to do so. Anything I can check in either profile or settings?

lotsofradios

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Just to rule out any 200 mhz configuration issues, do you have a ham 220 MHz rig? If so, transmit on a 220 MHz ham frq and see if your scanner receive it. If you don't have a 220 rig, try scanning any local 220 Mhz repeater. Yes, I know it FM but its a start.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I don't have 220 rig to use I only have a 440mhz rig that I use and there's no 220mhz repeaters in my area there are only 2 meter and 440mhz. I edited the file to where it shows 130mhz range as aircraft and the 220 frequencies as Military to see if that will fix the problem.

Just to rule out any 200 mhz configuration issues, do you have a ham 220 MHz rig? If so, transmit on a 220 MHz ham frq and see if your scanner receive it. If you don't have a 220 rig, try scanning any local 220 Mhz repeater. Yes, I know it FM but its a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.