Uniden BCD536HP Input Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

khpwilliams

I am new to all this and trying to figure it all out, so please forgive me if I do not understand all the terminology from the beginning. I have the Uniden BCD536HP and I live in North Johnson County Kansas where they have switched to the (MARRS) system. My scanner will not pick up any of the county's traffic or local cities police departments in the county's traffic, but will pick up highway patrols. Does anyone know if I can manually input the frequencies in my scanner?

Which leads me to my next question...

Are the (DEC) or (HEX) numbers something you can input into the scanner manually to pick up the radio traffic? Or does it have to be the Frequency numbers?

Thank you all for the help in advance, it is much appreciated.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am new to all this and trying to figure it all out, so please forgive me if I do not understand all the terminology from the beginning. I have the Uniden BCD536HP and I live in North Johnson County Kansas where they have switched to the (MARRS) system. My scanner will not pick up any of the county's traffic or local cities police departments in the county's traffic, but will pick up highway patrols. Does anyone know if I can manually input the frequencies in my scanner?

Which leads me to my next question...

Are the (DEC) or (HEX) numbers something you can input into the scanner manually to pick up the radio traffic? Or does it have to be the Frequency numbers?

Thank you all for the help in advance, it is much appreciated.
Hi khp, welcome to RadioReference.

You're looking at this system: Kansas City Metro - Metropolitan Area Regional Radio System (MARRS) Trunking System, Kansas City Metro Area, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

The frequencies and talkgroups (those are the DEC & HEX values you are talking about) are already in the database. Pull that system up using the link above, and you'll see the Johnson County, KS sections near the bottom.

Make sure that you have the latest database update done through Sentinel; the date showing for the database should be 08/28/2016, that should be in the lower left corner of the screen when you pull up Sentinel.

If you had already added that system to your Favorites list, talk a look at it to verify that the Johnson County KS Simulcast Site (you can see that in the site listings for this system) as well as the talkgroups for Johnson County, KS are there. If not, then you nay want to append the system from the main database instead of entering all of the information by hand.

To Append that system, go to the US link in the database section on the upper left corner of the Sentinel main screen
Click on US to expand the list of states
Then click on Kansas, to expand the list of counties.
Scroll down to your county, Johnson & click on it
You'll see three folders. Click on the one labeled local systems.

Find the MARRS system & <right><click> on it
Select Append from the pop-up menu

Sentinel will ask which Favorites List you want to append it to. Pick the one that you are using,

Once appended to the list, you can edit that Favorites list in Sentinel to either delete, or avoid (lockout) the other parts of that system that you either are not interested in, or that are out of range.

Note that if you are not scanning using a Favorites List, but are just using the main database with location control active, then make sure that you have the latest database update, and that your correct location is in use. Also make sure that you have the correct Service Types active.

Status
Not open for further replies.