Uniden BCD536HP + Millitary UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Hey Guys & Ladies,

Is anyone else having a problem when trying to pick up Military air on the 220+ mhz area I can pick up VHF Military air frequencies fine just 200mhz is where I have the troubles. My Comet DS-150s discone antenna is located in the attic. When I listen to my local AFB about 23 miles away I pick up 3 solid bars signal from their P25 system. I am not sure why I am not picking up Military in their 220mhz area.

Comet DS-150S Discone Base Antennas DS-150S - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at DX Engineering

Last edited:

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
N4CYA

Not sure what area you are close to, but lookup the closest FAA Center and they likely have several UHF (225-400) RAG (Remote Air-Ground) Freq's for same and then you have cross-check as well as the Mil-Air freqs you have loaded up....also, as I do not have that model I see some old scanners I have a default to NFM / WFM so please double check you are in "AM" mode for that band too....if searching for Mil Aircraft - if you are looking at P25 for ground ops you will need to be in NFM Mode...

That antenna should work unless you have radiant barrier spray or foil type insulation in the attic and then you might have attentuation issues...etc...

Hope that helps and best of luck...

Bill

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Miami (ZMA) Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC)

Look up this on Radio Refrence Database (Florida) for the UHF ARTCC Radio Freqs (AM Mode)...

Status
Not open for further replies.