Uniden BCD536HP Not Loading MicroSD Database on Boot Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys. I've been having this issue for more than a year now where I turn on the scanner and it will pick up analog no problem, but it will not scan the local P25. If I restart the scanner once or twice it will finally "load" the P25 system. That is what I think is going on. That the scanner is not loading the P25 system off the card on boot up. I have tried using 2 different microSD cards but this still happens every couple boot ups of the scanner.

Nothing else gets changed or touched besides just being turned off by the knob, and turned on by the knob the next day. I have to restart the scanner once or twice for the P25 to finally load into the working memory of the scanner..

Anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

Ubbe

If you set a quick key to that system, just as a test, can you switch it off and on or will that QK not be available at all?

If you stop scan by pushing the system button, wait 3 seconds and then push it again and quickly start to turn the dial, will you eventually see the system on the display or is it totally absent in the scanlist?

/Ubbe

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Cards are cheap, and will eventually fail. Try getting a high endurance card and programming it, and see if swapping solves the problem.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Cards are cheap, and will eventually fail. Try getting a high endurance card and programming it, and see if swapping solves the problem.

I should have bought high endurance long ago. The reason I didn't is because my BCD436HP has zero issues with the same card. Will try the HE microSD card and see if that fixes it. Thanks.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
If you set a quick key to that system, just as a test, can you switch it off and on or will that QK not be available at all?

If you stop scan by pushing the system button, wait 3 seconds and then push it again and quickly start to turn the dial, will you eventually see the system on the display or is it totally absent in the scanlist?

/Ubbe

The system gets loaded but no transmissions ever come through. My guess is that something is not getting loaded off the microSD card into the working memory of the scanner. If I turn it off and back on it usually fixes it after 1 or 2 reboots. Thanks.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
You could try to remove and insert the sd card several times to wipe the contacts...
A little dab of alcohol on the sd card contacts with a qtip wouldn't hurt either... Of course with the radio off...

Ubbe

If you scan from the database, then in Sentinel choose Tools/Options and select to reconstruct the database and download that to the card. If you scan from a favorite list, then do a new download of the favorite list to the scanner.

In both cases the SD card will use a totally new area on the card to store the files and if it is a card failure it will probably start to work again, until that bad area are reused again. But as you have tested in a 436 without any problem it seems strange to be SD card problem, but perhaps the 536 card reader hardware are different.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.