Uniden BCD536HP - not receiving

denthound

I purchased (2) like new BCD536HP scanners at a estate sale. Unit 'A' was programed. Unit 'B' seemed to be factory and never used. I set up sentinel and created a Favorites list. Favorites list runs great on Unit 'B' that was never used. No issues - Unit 'A' has the same favorite loaded as unit 'B'. Unit 'A' scans but does not pick up anything. Set the 2 units up side by side and nothing on unit 'A'. Switched antennas , checked as many setting that I could find everything seemed the same on the 2 units.

Unit 'A' that was programmed - worked when I first started to use it. I live about 50 miles from the previous location. So transmissions where weak but did work.

I have no idea why Unit 'A' will not receive any transmissions.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Steve

Brales60

Premium Subscriber
OP, where do do live, state and county wise? As mentioned, what are you trying to listen to? These guys helped me great when I provided this info.

denthound

We need more info on the things you are scanning.
Buy a new SD Card clone to the working scanner and try again.
I did purchase a new SD Card thinking it was corrupted. I tried in both units - works fine in Unit 'B' nothing in Unit 'A' - Just scanning local police - Fire -

OP, where do do live, state and county wise? As mentioned, what are you trying to listen to? These guys helped me great when I provided this info.
Pennsylvania - Blair County - listening to local Fire EMS Police

denthound

You said you tried swapping the cards, and the issue stayed in the scanner. I would suspect an issue that requires repair.
That is correct - I swapped cards and nothing works on unit 'B' -

I can get the weather to work if that means anything - close call pick up a radio station - I dont know much about close call

I believe so - will double check tomorrow.
Yes everything that I know of is the same.

I believe it is a setting that somehow I screwed up when I first started to try to load and unload my favorite lists

Check the squelch and attenuator.

What should my squelch be set to??? How do I check attenuator. - Keep in mind I do not know the history of either unit - The estate had probably 8 scanners -

So tonight I have both scanners running side by side - Unit 'B' is picking up a few transmissions maybe 2% of Unit A
That is correct - I swapped cards and nothing works on unit 'A' - - It did pick up a few however

I can get the weather to work if that means anything - close call pick up a radio station - I dont know much about close call

Do they both have the same Services enabled?
Yes both the same.

That is correct - I swapped cards and nothing works on unit 'a' -

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to reset to the original factory settings. Model BCD536HP - thanks
Source here:

Press Menu then scroll to Settings and press E/yes.
Restore Options Allows you to clear all user data (full reset) or reset just profile settings to default.
Clear User Data
(Full Reset) will delete all Favorites Lists, locations, reset all profile options to default, clear all Avoids, delete all recording sessions, all discovery logs, and all weather event records.
Note: Pressing and holding 2, 9, and Dept when you power on the scanner will also clear all user data.