Uniden BCD536HP - Scanning Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just received the new Uniden BCD536HP today and I have been able to use the pre-loaded frequencies for my area (Montgomery County, MD). The first issue I had was that is was only picking up the main dispatch channel for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue, but after an update I have been able to listen to all channels. The problem I have now is that when my scanner is in "ID scanning..." mode it appears to ONLY pick up the main dispatch channel (7A) and not any other channels. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Andre

doctordave

Using the sentinel software - edit your "profile" and decide what service types ( what kinds of channels) you'll want enabled.... And then update your radio. The factory default is to ignore many FD TAC type channels. You'll see a long list of service options - such as railroads, PD TAC, etc. Very handy way to filter out things from the database that you wouldn't wish to hear.

ezdropper

Premium Subscriber
So I just received the new Uniden BCD536HP today and I have been able to use the pre-loaded frequencies for my area (Montgomery County, MD). The first issue I had was that is was only picking up the main dispatch channel for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue, but after an update I have been able to listen to all channels. The problem I have now is that when my scanner is in "ID scanning..." mode it appears to ONLY pick up the main dispatch channel (7A) and not any other channels. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Andre

Edit the system and change the mode to ID Search instead of ID Scan, can be done through the scanner menu or the Sentinel software.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Using the sentinel software - edit your "profile" and decide what service types ( what kinds of channels) you'll want enabled.... And then update your radio. The factory default is to ignore many FD TAC type channels. You'll see a long list of service options - such as railroads, PD TAC, etc. Very handy way to filter out things from the database that you wouldn't wish to hear.

doctordave,

Does that go for the Balt. Co. PD TAC channels too ? I have yet to hear anything on those TAC channels and I don't know why.

I looked at the profile and I saw that the "Law Tac" and "Law Talk" were not checked off.

Could that be my problem ?

Thanks

troymail

Silent Key
doctordave,

Does that go for the Balt. Co. PD TAC channels too ? I have yet to hear anything on those TAC channels and I don't know why.

I looked at the profile and I saw that the "Law Tac" and "Law Talk" were not checked off.

Could that be my problem ?

Thanks

Yup - the default is OFF for TAC. You have to turn them on.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Yup - the default is OFF for TAC. You have to turn them on.

Thanks Troy.

It was a mystery that was driving me crazy. My 106 was picking up the TAC transmissions and the 436 was not.

I think I'm going to turn on ALL the service types in my Balt.Co. system Favorites List.

Status
Not open for further replies.