uniden bcd536hp wifi dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Premium Subscriber
Hi, just wanted to confirm the Uniden bcd536hp wifi dongle is only to controls the scanner via app and you can’t do any Database or Firmware updates?

Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi, just wanted to confirm the Uniden bcd536hp wifi dongle is only to controls the scanner via app and you can’t do any Database or Firmware updates?

Thanks

That's correct....

The scanner must be connected to your PC with the included USB cable for firmware and database updates through the Sentinel software running on your PC.

Or, you can put the SD card in a card reader connected to your PC and perform those updates through Sentinel, and put the card back in the scanner.

rcool101

Feed Provider

Thanks
I use my dongle everyday with ProScan. (except for database and firmware) You don't need a USB cable. You can listen to your 536 thru the PC speakers and run a feed with TG ids wireless also. Still waiting on the Siren app though. There's a 30 day demo if you never used it.

davidgeo

Premium Subscriber
BCD536HP and ProScan

I've been trying for weeks to get ProScan Pro to connect to the 536 dongle remotely without success. What's the secret? All help will be greatly appreciated.

D

darunimal

Is the 536 connected to a local router and does the router allow you to open ports, what's the dongles firmware, details, details, details!!!!

davidgeo

Premium Subscriber
Scanner is connected to local router via the 536 dongle and WiFi
Dongle firmware v. 7.28

What ports should be opened on router.

davidgeo

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your hijacking concerns. Should have told me that in the first place instead of asking questions about - details, details, details!!!!

D

darunimal

Well, now, I know its not a Dongle issue since the firmware version is correct!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've been trying for weeks to get ProScan Pro to connect to the 536 dongle remotely without success. What's the secret? All help will be greatly appreciated.

Are you using this format exactly --> rtsp://192.168.1.109/au:scanner.au

Subsitute IP address with yours.

Voyager

To repeat the question... are you using ACCESS POINT mode or Infrastructure mode? What is the scanner's IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.