Uniden BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPD145

New to this. I am trying to set up my WI-FI. When I get to the screen to enter my password, how do I do that?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
New to this. I am trying to set up my WI-FI. When I get to the screen to enter my password, how do I do that?
Turn the big knob to scroll through the characters. Press the 6 key to advance and the 4 key to go backwards. Press the big knob after you entered the password.

FPD145

Thanks, that got me to be able to enter the password of my WiFi. But, I’m still doing some wrong, it won’t connect. Do I need an app on my phone?

Ubbe

Passwords are case sensitive so enter exactly as you have on any other WiFi devices you are using at home.
You will have to use DHCP in your router so it will assign an IP adress to the scanner when it logs on.
Or if you can lock the scanners MAC adress to an IP number in the router you will have to do that if you do not use DHCP.

/Ubbe

FPD145

That was very helpful. I got it to connect. Now how do I listen to it on my iphone?

N9JIG

Sheriff
You can download the Siren software for Android or iOS to listen to the scanner on the phone.

Ubbe

Go to the scanners menu system and scroll down to WiFi Setup. Go to Show WiFi Information. If you have an IP number there you are connected to the network. In the Siren app you set the exact same IP number and it should connect, if the mobile phone are connected to the same WiFi network.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.