Uniden BCD996P2 manual squelch issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

walsabrook

Premium Subscriber
I’ve spoke with Bob from ProScan via email, and he suggested I post this in the Uniden forum. I am having a very odd issue with my BCD996P2. I have the DRM and NXDN updates installed. I am running the latest firmware version 1.08.01. When I load a conventional frequency, and choose “digital only” and the “search for NAC, CC etc”, after about an hour or so of running in the logging mode in ProScan, the manual squelch knob stops working, and the squelch control seems to set itself. I've watched it set itself to 14 without me touching it.. I can still control it via ProScan software though. If I turn the radio off and let it sit for a while, the manual squelch control comes back. As long as I do not scan a convention frequency with “digital only”, I can run it 24/7 and there are ZERO issues. I have been running it for about a week 24/7 with no issues, until I activated a conventional group that I haven’t used in a while last night. After about an hour, the squelch knob stopped working, and when I checked the group, there was a freq set as “digital only” with “search” that I had forgotten about. I removed it and let the radio sit for a while and it’s working perfectly now. Also, as long as I don't run ProScan with a "digital only" line in the group I am scanning, the radio works fine. Anyone seen this problem before ? Is this a firmware issue, or an issue with how ProScan interacts with the firmware? Bob doesn't think this is a ProScan software issue.

walsabrook

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, the conventional groups that gave me trouble have a freq set up as "digital only" with the "search", and "analog only" with tone and DCS set to search", and also freqs just set up with "ALL" set. I started having this issue when I added a "digital only" freq to a group I had set up, and went away when I removed that line...is there a setting in the radio I might have missed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.