Uniden bcd996p2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwnickgraykw

Premium Subscriber
My uniden bcd996p2 is scanning the mscommnet which is a p25 phase 1 trunking system, the other day I was listening to the tower I always hear in my area I left town for the day and when I came back it has not worked ever since. It keeps saying finding control channel. And I know I am close enough to the tower. When there is activity on the channel the meter bar go up until they stop talking then they go away and it goes back to saying finding control channel, I know this because I am listening to the same system converted over to analog through the tower and it works perfectly fine on that. Some help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My uniden bcd996p2 is scanning the mscommnet which is a p25 phase 1 trunking system, the other day I was listening to the tower I always hear in my area I left town for the day and when I came back it has not worked ever since. It keeps saying finding control channel. And I know I am close enough to the tower. When there is activity on the channel the meter bar go up until they stop talking then they go away and it goes back to saying finding control channel, I know this because I am listening to the same system converted over to analog through the tower and it works perfectly fine on that. Some help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Is the scanner receiving anything else, like a different system or at least the weather radio frequency? The 'finding the control channel' message means that the scanner is not is not hearing the data stream on the site.

If the issue is only on this one system, then two things come to mind. The site that you normally listen to is down, for whatever reason. The other thing is, did you only program the listed control channels? If that's all you entered, there is at least a possibility that the control channel changed to one of the other frequencies that you did not enter. If all you entered (or imported into software) was the control channels only, try entering or importing the other channels for that site. Maybe they changed the control channel to one that you don't have entered.

And, of course, make sure that nothing has set that site, to lockout, and that if using a quick key, that the QK is enabled. Should be (if it was working when you left), but maybe something changed it. Power surge, somebody accidentally bumping a key, whatever.

Kwnickgraykw

Premium Subscriber
I programmed this radio using freescan and imported it from RR, there are only 2 frequencies listed for that site and that's the two I have in the radio, the sytem works well off other tower in the state where it's a statewide system. I also listen to analog and it works perfect on the radio it's just this one site that quit working I've cleared the radio out and re programmed and it and still does the same thing. I heard a trooper come into town and it sounded like it was working perfectly fine for him and the tower I am using is by far the closest tower so they must have been talking off that tower.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Does it work on the COOPER MTN SITE?
The site you programmed has 4 frequencies on it.
151.4075 listed as FB8
161.0400 listed as FB8
152.3375 listed as FB8
155.4000 listed as FB8
these are the 4 trunked frequencies put all four in where the two are now and it should pick up the control channel again.

Kwnickgraykw

Premium Subscriber
I put all 4 of those in and it still is doing the same thing it's shows the meter full and the meter blinks only when there is activity but no audio, then when there is no activity it goes back saying finding control channel.

ecps92

Only being a Tourist to Maine, there are times some of the Sites have gone down, for Maint and other issues, Also Control channels can/do change...

Can you Search the VHF band and see if you hear any CC activity on other Frequencies ???

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
I know there has been known issues with the Cooks Hill Tower since last summer. Im over on the west side of Maine and your on the and your on the East side! You are more zone 3 than 2 right? Cooks Hill is zone 2!

Kwnickgraykw

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I'm in the very north east corner of zone 3 only 2 miles from South of zone 4 I can only hear zone 2 traffic when I get to bangor

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I'm in the very north east corner of zone 3 only 2 miles from South of zone 4 I can only hear zone 2 traffic when I get to bangor

I only listen to 1,2 and 3 and very very very little 4 not enough. But I do no Cooks Hill is gooked up !

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Sorry it did not help those are the only 4 frequencies listed in the FCC DATABASE for that site. Like Bill said I would search the 150.0000 to 162.0000 and see if you find any data channel. If you could hear the COOPER MTN Site and run pro96com Pro96Com - Control channel decoder for P25 Trunked Radio Systems and see the sites that are linked and it will show you the CC and you can work your way to each site you can hear and list all frequencies. Good luck and happy scanning.

ecps92

BUD, Actually, all the VHF since Maine uses NTIA and FCC assignements, also search 162-174 :D
Sorry it did not help those are the only 4 frequencies listed in the FCC DATABASE for that site. Like Bill said I would search the 150.0000 to 162.0000 and see if you find any data channel. If you could hear the COOPER MTN Site and run pro96com Pro96Com - Control channel decoder for P25 Trunked Radio Systems and see the sites that are linked and it will show you the CC and you can work your way to each site you can hear and list all frequencies. Good luck and happy scanning.

Kwnickgraykw

Premium Subscriber
Thanks much appreciated! I have found one frequency and I added it to the site frequiencies and it still says finding control channel gonna see if I can find anymore. Only thing I can think of to do at this point.

Kwnickgraykw

Premium Subscriber
Only being a Tourist to Maine, there are times some of the Sites have gone down, for Maint and other issues, Also Control channels can/do change...

Can you Search the VHF band and see if you hear any CC activity on other Frequencies ???
I have been searching the vhf band from 150 to 174 and I have only found 1 frequency so I added that to the site and it is still doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.