Uniden BCD996T TRUNKTRACKER IV Help/Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

netdevil420

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I own a Uniden BCD996T TRUNKTRACKER IV, & I want to buy a new halfway descent antenna that's not going to cost an arm & a leg because I'm on a fixed income. I've been researching some various antennas but I'm pretty new to all this so I don't REALLY know what to get that will be good. ANY help at ALL would and will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

NetDevil420

Dosco5

Hi,
I own a Uniden BCD996T TRUNKTRACKER IV, & I want to buy a new halfway descent antenna that's not going to cost an arm & a leg because I'm on a fixed income. I've been researching some various antennas but I'm pretty new to all this so I don't REALLY know what to get that will be good. ANY help at ALL would and will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

NetDevil420

Mobile application in a vehicle? Desktop? Large roof antenna?
What frequencies are going to mostly listened to

For mobile I have a larsen Tri-band, works well for me
Larsen NMO150-450-800 Tri-Band Nmo Antenna https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P9JAVF6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_mJbCzbSPS6VX4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N5TWB

According to the RR database, Hart County GA uses VHF-High for Police, Fire, Sheriff, and GA State Patrol (P-25) so your antenna choice is simple because a quarter-wave antenna mounted sufficiently high will perform well. This might be as easy as acquiring a quarter-wave mobile on a magnetic mount and a steel cookie sheet to place it on so you can put it on top of a high shelf in the house.

How is it you know the standard antenna on the back of the scanner is not performing adequately?

Here's one possibility that fits the description above: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tram-1154-Land-Mobile-Magnet-Antenna-Kit/24262921

The only thing you would have to add would be a BNC adapter for the PL259.

netdevil420

Premium Subscriber
The cord has been cut thru from the window. I was hoping to do a Base Station type antenna that'll go on a steel pipe or something

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk

N5TWB

The cord has been cut thru from the window. I was hoping to do a Base Station type antenna that'll go on a steel pipe or something

I have no idea what "cord has been cut thru from the window" means. Please translate.

I'm going to give you a list of what you'll need that will fit the $100-150 budget you mentioned in your other thread on this same subject. HINT: the moderators don't like when you do that.

Antenna: PulseLarsen NMO-150B Antenna Mobile Single 2M, NMO150B

Bracket & mount for pipe mounting: PulseLarsen BSAKIT Antenna Accessories Mounts Other, BSAKIT

Coax cable source: https://abrind.com/ (Peruse their site for the connector/cable/length you need.)

netdevil420

Premium Subscriber
What r the exact parts I need to set-up everything? Like, connectors, cable, screws, ANYTHING I may need. I will have it setup about 30-40 feet from the scanner...what I meant earlier is that the so did was shut on !y cable & severed part of it.

NetDevil420

N5TWB

The materials listed above were the exact parts needed: antenna, pipe mount antenna bracket w/hardware, and a source for the cable with connectors. All you have to decide is what connectors you need on each end and the length of cable and ABR Industries will make it. Nothing else is needed.

netdevil420

Premium Subscriber
Well my Scanner has a BNC connection....what should the other end be? I'm kind of new at all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.