Uniden BCD996XT Excellent "Signal Loss"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VersaLife

Premium Subscriber
Currently on week one of owning a BCD996XT, excellent scanner, definitely better than the ol' BCT8. Up till today I've been using the antenna shipped with the scanner. I've had full reception on the Fonthill Tower Bell Fleet Net Trunked System;

Bell FleetNet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 1 Trunking System, Southwest Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Since yesterday it has been "dropping" the signal intermittently. It will go from full strength to loss for a second back to full strength resulting in a frustrating listening experience. I switched to an Omni-Directional outdoor antenna thinking that the boxed antenna was the problem... same intermittent loss of a full strength signal. I thought maybe poor programming but this is a new issue days after its been programed with no past history. We've had bad weather lately... any chance this could be a culprit?

Any input/knowledge would be greatly appreciated!!!

SCPD

QRT
nearby tx

or your neighbor or some close by signal is interferring with your was great reception,this can happen too,it happened to my friend!It was a cable tv leak,blowing away all his radios,so leave no leaf unturned!

Status
Not open for further replies.