Uniden BCD996XT pre programming CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrscpu2004

Premium Subscriber
Does a CD exist that allows you to use along with a computer to download pre loaded frequencies for any geographical area? Seems like it would be a good business if it exists? Anyone know?

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
No there isn't one but you can get all the frequencies you want right from this site once you become member.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And let's be complete here - ProScan also supports the XT line, and has the same ability to import frequencies from this site using the web service.

However having the frequencies is one thing - understanding how to program these scanners is quite another. This link will send you to a page in our wiki that will get you started on everything you need to know...and note that the Easier to Read manuals for this radio are linked at the bottom...(note: anything in blue, both here and in our wiki, is a link)

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Given how often frequencies, talkgroups and systems change, "pre-loaded" stuff is impractical.

There are some pre-loaded systems that are "in" the scanner, but they are very outdated.

jrscpu2004

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I saw the list, but for some strange reason they left out ALL New York areas! The closest is some
Connecticut ones. Thanks for replying.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Yes, I saw the list, but for some strange reason they left out ALL New York areas! The closest is some
Connecticut ones. Thanks for replying.
There is a great feature "My RR" where you can set your home location and watch your favorite counties, trunked systems, and agencies on your home page and it will alert you whenever there is a change to the database. This way you can easily make the changes and keep your scanner up to date. You can also list your favorite audio feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.