Uniden BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

a237201

Premium Subscriber
I have just purchased and received a new BCD996XT. I had it pre-programed for my area when purchased. I am using it as a home scanner with outside antenna. Systems in my area vary form conventional to digital trunked. I have found the scanner does receive very well. I do have a couple questions for someone out there with some experience and knowledge with these type scanners.

1. I have noticed that while scanning, when signal is detected, scan will stop, and you will hear some of the transmission, but, after about 5 seconds, transmission is dropped and it appears to go back to scan, then return to the orginal transmission for another 5 seconds. When this happens, you miss some of the transmission. This will happen on any type system, conventional or digital, and also, will happen even if you press the "Hold" button.

My question, Is this normal for this type scanner? Or, is there an adjustment that I need to make to correct this condition.

2. I have noticed that some transmissions the signal, (audio) is not as clear as it could be or as clear as some other transmissions. It is kind of like the under water sound. There was a paper that the seller / programer sent with the scanner stating that some adjustment for audio clarity might need to be made. It mentioned something about P25 levels. However, it didn't say anything about how to do this. I do also have the ARC-XT programing software. But, I hate to start making adjustments without knowing what I need to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Thanks,
Les

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
1. Sounds like WX priority is turned on.
2. It is common for digital to have an "underwater" sound, especially if the person transmitting is in a noisy environment.

a237201

Premium Subscriber
Uniden BCD996XT

This is a very good posibility. It acts like my old scanner when priority watch was turned on.

I never thought about that posibility. Thanks for your suggestion.

Now, I'll have to see if I can figure out how to turn it off.

Or, if someone can tell me, that would be great.

Thanks,
Les

Status
Not open for further replies.