Uniden BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Guys & Ladies,

I have a question I recently purchased this scanner and I was wondering how do I get it to stop scanning the pre added channels/frequencies? So I can type in the frequency I want to listen to and scan the bands like Air/Military/Public Safety.

- Jamie

spooney

You can completely remove the preload freq's by re-setting the scanner first. Press the 2-9-hold keys at the same time and then turn scanner on as you are pressing them down. This will erase all programming in scanner. When it restarts it will ask if you want to re-install pre-load just press the (.no) key and you will get an empty scanner to do your own thing.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Okay cool thank you for the help. Trying to find some active frequencies so far is quiet.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Another question for someone to answer...After returning to the scanner hobby how would I program the Uniden BCD996XT with the frequencies listed here on R/R? I'm using ART-XT Basic by Butel. Do I use the csv file so I can automatically download it to the ARC-XT program? I'm using the Uniden USB-1 USB cable.

lep

I suggest you download the ARC996 manual, it is well written and well illustrated with color screen shots that will lead you through the steps to do what you want.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I suggest you download the ARC996 manual, it is well written and well illustrated with color screen shots that will lead you through the steps to do what you want.

Got the ARC996 manual downloaded and reading it over now thank you for the recommendation of the manual.

- Jamie

trkntrlrman

RS-PRO 34, RS-PRO 60, BCD396XT, BCD996XT, SDS200
Premium Subscriber
Save your Money, and do it the easy way, download freescann...........it totally connects with RR, and works great..

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
oops sorry don't think so.... I thought apple could run windows apps...?

They can but only if you use Boot Camp to do so. My father told me I can use his laptop that runs Window 7 to install the scanner frequencies on to my scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.