• No, I’m new to scanning and I don’t think I can figure it out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
There are no choices for the other Whistler models or nothing.

The only other possibility from Whistler (with Phase II and X2-TDMA voice decoding features) would be the Whistler version of the PSR800, which has yet to be announced officially.

Other than the GRE PSR800 and the BCDx36HP models, there are currently no other released models that will decode Phase II and X2-TDMA voice, and the PSR800 has been discontinued. Your other option is to purchase a PSR800 used.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Poll answers to "Do you plan to purchase the BCDx36HP?" I suspect you are not able to see it from Tapatalk.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I voted 'Yes, I’m a Techno geek that has to have the latest radios.'

I was leaning towards the 436HP but after seeing the pics and vids that are showing up, now I'm not so certain. That 536HP is a fine looking piece of equipment, and it would look a lot better next to my 15X than my RS Pro-197 would. Once I finish my move, and both are on the market, then I'll decide.

:)

(and before someone says "buy both," I can't afford both so unfortunately I will have to choose :()

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I plan on buying either the base or the handheld version at some point. Thing is, there isn't anything in my local area that these models will let me listen to that my 396XT doesn't already allow me to hear. Yet....

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Where is the choice -

"No, I am waiting for the price to return to sanity in the 350 to 400 range for the 436, and 400 to 500 for the 536..."

wise871

Database Admin
"No, I am waiting for the price to return to sanity in the 350 to 400 range for the 436, and 400 to 500 for the 536..."

Thats most likely going to be a long wait or you get one used. Even the XT's have only come down slightly in price.

SquierStrat

it may be an eternal wait... the 396xt has been out for 6 years (i think) and they're still selling for $430 and up. im guessing $350-400 will never happen..

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
How about: I'll be waiting for ALL the bugs to fixed with the first released firmware versions. There seems to be quite a few from reading through the Uniden forum this evening.

Ed6698

I am going to wait to purchase a new scanner. I have no need for a new scanner as of yet until maybe late this year or early next year. I am going to sit back and see how all this plays out between all the new models coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.