Uniden BCP536HP scanner losing Wifi connection to Proscan software

Status
Not open for further replies.

airwolf.66

Feed Provider
I have noticed in the last couple of days that my 536 is losing WiFi signal to proscan software, the software will show a blank scanner but my feed to broadcastify you can hear audio from the scanner but the audio is broken up so you can't understand it. Yesterday it corrected itself and maybe today would have to but I shut the scanner down and turned it back on to correct the problem.
I wonder if I have a WiFi dongle is going bad or something else? Has anyone had this issue?

Ubbe

Probably not related but my WiFi dongle stops working with a couple of weeks intervals, if I leave the scanner on at all times. No setup changes in the scanners menu works and I have to either disconnect and reconnect the dongle or power the scanner off-on to reset the dongle or the scanners communication link to it.

/Ubbe

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I have the same setup and find that restarting the Wi-Fi on my router typically fixes the problem. Seems to be a common problem.

phask

Premium Subscriber
This has been brought up several times in the last 2 weeks.
If the Scanner looses the network signal for 60 seconds a restart is required.

Not always :) My router did an overnight firmware update that had to be over a minute. 536 and SDS200 are both still chugging along this AM.

I won't say never, but I rarely lose a WFI connection on my 536, Using Eero mesh routers and one is less than 5 foot from the 536.

Status
Not open for further replies.