Uniden BCT-15 effective on MilAir?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWillyG

Greetings,

Has anyone had an opportunity to try the BCT-15 on the VHF AM airband and/or 225-400 UHF AM?

Mr. L. Van Horn reviewed it in the latest MT and included a very favorable comment about its MilAir capabilities.

I was hoping to "hear" a bit more detail here, such as comparisons with the 780 or 785, perhaps.

Thanks in advance!

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Likewise, and also if anyone has any comments regarding clarity of speech on UHF AM, I'd be grateful.

My 330T, the audio sounds very "wooly" and hard to hear a lot of the time, not at all clear like my Pro-2035 and other old school radios.

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
I have used it doing some "on scene monitoring" at the NAS Joint Reserve Base in Ft. Worth and at Alliance and DFW Airports. It performed very well...

My only issues were that it seems to pick up traffic on the VHF Civil Air band that is on other frequencies...for example I was listening to the tower but would every once in a while hear an aircraft or controller on center, ground, or some other frequency over the tower frequency. Also the ATIS broadcast at Alliance bleeds over on every civil air frequency because of the sensitivity I guess in that band. These problems were solved with the use of the attenuator. That stuff only happened though while sitting in the area of the airport.

aar9sm

Mil-Air

I have two of them and they perform great for me very clear audio. I would rate it right there with the 780. Go into the bct15 forum or join the yahoo group.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.