Uniden BCT 15X external speaker question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdknapp

Premium Subscriber
I have read the discussions about using external speakers on a 396XT. Here a question about using one on a BCT 15X (as I am thinking about picking one up). According to the specs, this unit has an 'EXT SP' jack on it for the 3.5 mm plug in mono.Giving the fact that it has a dedicated external speaker jack, and as it it a larger-sized base/mobile unit, would it be a good deduction that a non amplified external speaker could be used on it? I would imagine that you can use an amplified speaker if you wanted to spend the extra $$. And I don't want or need to see any of the 'Magic Uniden Smoke) escape suddenly from a new radio! Thanks for any insight you may care to share.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
The Uniden ESP12 non-amplified speaker works great! You can find them new on Ebay for very reasonable prices.

K7CAR

I'm using a Nokia ext. non amplified speaker on my 15X and it's working fine as is the direct feed into my PC speakers. No smoke yet!.....:)

clgerwick

I use a small radio shack speaker and it works fine. Or another thing you can do if you are planning on doing live broadcasting, you can find a set of computer speakers with a power supply. This will allow you to adjust the volume to where you want it and not have to worry about the volume for your broadcasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.