Uniden Bct-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

Before I by this for my sister who is a 911 operator I wanted to make sure it would work to monitor Baltimore County Maryland police and fire. Also wanted to know is there anything I should pay particular attention to when buying a used unit from someone?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

McCroskey

Before I by this for my sister who is a 911 operator I wanted to make sure it would work to monitor Baltimore County Maryland police and fire. Also wanted to know is there anything I should pay particular attention to when buying a used unit from someone?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

As it's been said, the BCT-8 will not decode that system, so you may consider something with digital capabilities if it's that important.

As far as tips for buying used equipment from someone else? If it's an in-person transaction, perform a thorough powered-up demo of the scanner and even remove the cover to check for underlying damage or tampering. If it's an online transaction only, then:

1) ONLY buy from those people with LOTS of positive feedback on legitimate sites OR

2) ONLY buy from those people who write their ads/responses with excellent punctuation and grammar. In other words, if the ad is full of misspelled words and/or terrible grammar...stay far, far away.

I've been buying and selling online since 1996 and have never been burned using these two simple rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.