uniden bct15

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcfd34

i was looking into buying one of these for the simple fact of it having the fire tone out option but can any one help me with out with how this works. im kinda new into this whole thing ive got a home scanner i can do as much as pushing in the numbers and programming it. but when its more then that im a total newbie so if any one can help me with it that would be great

W2PMX

With a Uniden DMA scanner (the 15 is one), Freescan makes entering data easy.

As far as fire toneouts, you need to know the ones your department uses, then just program them (and the frequency) in. (The information goes into the Fire Tone Out tab in Scanner/Setup Scanner Options. All you have to enter to get it to work is Tone A, Tone B [assuming a 2 tone tone-out] and the frequency [of the radio channel].)

rcfd34

What do I need to get from my department to make that happen like I said I'm pretty new into all of this. Normally I got a guy who does it all for me but he has moved so I'm on my own

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You will find that there is a section in the Easier to Read manual for the 15 on setting up FTOs. Once you understand that, you should be able to set this up in FreeScan.

Our DMA FAQ also has a small section on this subject, as well as the link for the BCT15 Easier to Read manual. Use the Uniden manual as a coffee mug holder...(anything in blue is a link)

Uniden DMA FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

Between the Easier to Read manual and the FAQ you should be good to go. Keep in mind Freescan also has its user manual in our wiki, although not all the functions are well described (yet). You can get to it if you're online by hitting Help/Online Help in the FreeScan toolbar, or here's the direct URL;

FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

best regards..Mike

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I think the Uniden fire tone feature acts like a pager like the ones carried by Vol. firefighters.The scanner while in that feature will remain quiet untill there is a fire call with tones.You can also search for the tones with the "Fire Tone Out Search" function.

Last edited:

W2PMX

You'll need the tones used for whatever you want to be alerted for. Some departments use only a single tone-out for everything (which is usually 2 tones), some use a different tone-out for different houses, different types of calls (fire, car accident, ambulance run, etc.), siren test (a Plectron can be set to run the siren if it gets the proper tone-out), etc.

Basically, you need what anyone setting up a regular monitor receiver needs. Someone in the department should know what that is, or the communications company that handles the department's radio system will.

Status
Not open for further replies.