Uniden BCT15X programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

swfdpt3

Premium Subscriber
Well I just bought a Uniden BCT15X , and to say the least im overwhelmed. Im a Firefighter in Indiana and am only going to use it to listen to the Indiana state 800 system, some conventional vhf fire dispatch channels, and Norfolk and southern. Seems like im missing something on how to program it. I was under the impression it already had the state systems in it. I cant seem to get it off of Alabama. Do i have to hook it to a computer to do it. Does it need updates like computers?

Any help will be appreciated.

Jason

KE5BCP

Analog Man
You'll need to program it with whatever systems you wish to receive.

Keep in mind that the BCT15X is an AMAZING analog scanner, but will not do digital of any type.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
Well I just bought a Uniden BCT15X , and to say the least im overwhelmed. Im a Firefighter in Indiana and am only going to use it to listen to the Indiana state 800 system, some conventional vhf fire dispatch channels, and Norfolk and southern. Seems like im missing something on how to program it. I was under the impression it already had the state systems in it. I cant seem to get it off of Alabama. Do i have to hook it to a computer to do it. Does it need updates like computers?

Any help will be appreciated.

Jason

This scanner will not be able to listen to the Indiana Statewide system as the scanner is analog only.

smithken

Premium Subscriber
I assume when you say you want to listen to the Indiana state 800 system you mean the SAFE-T system, the BCT15X won't be able to receive that system, the system is digital and the radio doesn't receive digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.