Uniden BCT15X Rear Port L Adapter...!@..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glockman22

I have a new Uniden BCT15X. I am using Proscan to control it currently via the front port and it works perfectly this way. I bought the USB to Serial Cable with Male DB9 end, and the DB9 Female/Female Null Modem Cable from Monoprice. I have (4) issues:

I still can not get it to work with the Rear Port. Yes, the Rear port is on, I tried all the normal fixes an no luck. Thinking the USB to Serial Cable is bad, as its not seeing it on my Toughbook?

I need a L or 90 Degree adapter out the back. I am flushing this in my glovebox and there is NO room behind it. I have to use a 90 Degree now for the BNC on the antenna lead, its tight!! Anyone no where I can get a 90 Degree adapter on one end of the Cable or another option? Part number, name would be great..?

Someone mentioned in one of the forums you have to "switch" the #2 and #3 pins on the Null Modem Cable?

Anyone have a good vendor for these parts with part numbers besides Monoprice? I do not mind paying more for good parts, this takes about an hour to get out and in of the dash!!!

Thanks, sorry for the long first post...
Mark in NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.