Uniden BCT15X to ARC15 programming issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden BCT15X scanner and the ARC15 software. The software detects the scanner just fine. When I go to WRITE to the scanner it times out and gives me an error. If I use virtual control it "talks" just fine to each other. It also will not allow me to read the scanner into the software. Same error. Check connections etc. What am I missing here? I have been programming scanners and radios for years but this one has be stumped. Using the front interface on the scanner, the correct cable, a Gigaware USB to Serial adapter. Firmware ver 1.05.03 in the scanner. (Is there a newer firmware?) I couldn't find it if there is one. Using Windows 10.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

tvengr

Well Known Member
Did you purchase the key and register the ARC15 software? After the free trial expires, you can no longer upload to and download from the scanner. If your software says "Demo" after the trial period, that is the problem. You have the latest firmware.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
Did you purchase the key and register the ARC15 software? After the free trial expires, you can no longer upload to and download from the scanner. If your software says "Demo" after the trial period, that is the problem. You have the latest firmware.

Yes. I have purchased the software as it was downloading. Entered both keys into the software.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
Yes. I have the full version. I have several other versions of their software and use it without any issues.

Attachments

• 9B22C9EF-7407-4B3A-9BCC-24918C8EC115.jpeg
    9B22C9EF-7407-4B3A-9BCC-24918C8EC115.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 95FF688C-8D1E-42F8-ABB3-2DC8E24FDB16.jpeg
    95FF688C-8D1E-42F8-ABB3-2DC8E24FDB16.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 3
  • CFB11AFB-A1F1-4016-9DE5-A05DE141FE7B.jpeg
    CFB11AFB-A1F1-4016-9DE5-A05DE141FE7B.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 3262B4D3-5C22-4AD4-80AA-9EAD4D037D6D.jpeg
    3262B4D3-5C22-4AD4-80AA-9EAD4D037D6D.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 4
  • DFA35D3C-B838-4C30-AB97-FC0F95C82CB0.jpeg
    DFA35D3C-B838-4C30-AB97-FC0F95C82CB0.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 4

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the Uniden USB-1 cable and how old is it?

I am using a Uniden serial cable to a usb to serial convertor. I use this exact cable setup (both cables together) on a few of my other Uniden scanners with our issue.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
Are you trying to download the RR database from the internet and is Hughesnet your ISP?
At this point I am just trying to read the scanner. I can download info to the ARC15 from RR with no problem but haven’t gotten the scanner to read or write. I have xfinity (Comcast) as my ISP.

tvengr

Well Known Member
On your scanner, go to Menu > Program System > E. Do you see any systems in the scanner? What is the file extension of an ARC15 file.

Last edited:

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
You need to use ARC-XT for the BCT15X. ARC15 is for the BCT15 only, not the BCT15X.

O
M
G
!

GREAT catch! Butel should rename the ARC15 software. I bought the ARC15 software for absolutely NO reason! I was beating my head off the wall on this one. Read your message, came down and fired up the XT S/W and it works perfectly. Whats odd is that the ARC15 S/W does the virtual control of this scanner. Thank you very much for catching this!

Thanks for all of the input guys.

Dave

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
O
M
G
!

GREAT catch! Butel should rename the ARC15 software. I bought the ARC15 software for absolutely NO reason! I was beating my head off the wall on this one. Read your message, came down and fired up the XT S/W and it works perfectly. Whats odd is that the ARC15 S/W does the virtual control of this scanner. Thank you very much for catching this!

Thanks for all of the input guys.

Dave

Dave:

Did you purchase it just recently directly from Butel? If so try contacting them and letting them know what happened. Gommert Buijsen is a good guy, maybe they can work something out for you.

Company Details:
BuTel Software and Consultancy BV (LLC)
Goeseelsstraat 35-A51
4817 MV Breda
The Netherlands

Mail:
Po Box 101
4920 AC Made
The Netherlands

President: ing. Gommert Buijsen (B.Sc.)
Send email message to BuTel

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
Dave:

Did you purchase it just recently directly from Butel? If so try contacting them and letting them know what happened. Gommert Buijsen is a good guy, maybe they can work something out for you.

Company Details:
BuTel Software and Consultancy BV (LLC)
Goeseelsstraat 35-A51
4817 MV Breda
The Netherlands

Mail:
Po Box 101
4920 AC Made
The Netherlands

President: ing. Gommert Buijsen (B.Sc.)
Send email message to BuTel

Thanks for the suggestion. I did send him a message. Hopefully he understands my situation.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
Follow up to this post. The proper S/W is working perfectly. Gommert answered my E-Mail and has helped with my situation. I have been a user of Butel S/W for years and will continue to stand by his S/W. He went above and beyond with this problem and I am completely satisfied with him and his company.

Thanks again with the help on this.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Follow up to this post. The proper S/W is working perfectly. Gommert answered my E-Mail and has helped with my situation. I have been a user of Butel S/W for years and will continue to stand by his S/W. He went above and beyond with this problem and I am completely satisfied with him and his company.

Thanks again with the help on this.

Thanks for the follow-up, glad Gommert was able to help you and things are working!

Status
Not open for further replies.