Uniden BCT15X vs BCD260DN features

xms3200

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if there are any new features on the BCD260DN as compared to the BCT15X such as blue tooth, faster scan rate for monitoring VHF/UHF air. Anyone on this forum that can chime in.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
This is in the manual for the 160……

Turbo Search - increases the search speed from 100 to 300 steps per second automatically for bands with 5 kHz steps.

Can't remember for the 15x. I sold my 15x after a year with it. look it up.

merlin

BCT15X is analog only. The only downside I have with mine is the internal speaker is not that great. An external speaker (especially DSP speaker) is far better.
Air band has been fast enough scanning, but include Mil-air, Dual-watch would be a plus.
2, 1.5, 70, 33 CM Amateure does just fine. A lot of rail freqs here, but many are changing to NXDN, it will pass.
One thing I always hated was the 'precanned' frequencies, 98% of them are useless. 2.5 step freq search can be painfully slow.
A few 'PROs', mine is very sensitive, good band pass and dynamic range.
(modded with a discriminator tap)
Haven't looked into the 260, so no comparison.

Ubbe

The 260 can monitor DMR and NXDN conventional.
It can only monitor everything from a single digital DMR or NXDN frequency, you can't lock out any TG or select just the ones you want to monitor. So only intended for railway type of communications and not suitable for systems with multiple TG's as it cannot display TG numbers or any text tags. Railway fans usually wants high performing receivers, like professional 2-way radios, and BCDN scanners seems to not be in the high performance category among scanners.

/Ubbe