Uniden bct15x

Status
Not open for further replies.

jondes

I bought a uniden bct15x and was able to program some of the frequencies I want into it using proscan. I am listoentjng to Suffolk county NY fire departments, which I am a member of. I have two questions, my scanner will listen to the fire department frequencies if I have them on hold, but in the scan mode it does not pick them up. Second, I cannot program the Suffolk county police 2nd pct band. Any help, step by step would be appreciated. Thank you

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Make sure you have it programmed as a trunked system. It sounds like you may be listening to those frequencies in conventional mode. There is also some digital use on that system which your BCT15X can not decode.

Last edited:

jondes

I did some research on the forums and found the Suffolk police band frequencies and how to program. My question is can I just monitor the 2nd pct. W2lie has the codes and I set my program to it, but just want the 2nd. Any help.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I did some research on the forums and found the Suffolk police band frequencies and how to program. My question is can I just monitor the 2nd pct. W2lie has the codes and I set my program to it, but just want the 2nd. Any help.
Once you have the trunked system entered correctly, along with the custom table codes (for a rebanded system), you simply need to enter the talkgroup(s) you want, and have the system set to ID Scan, not ID Search.

Looks like Precinct 2 SCPD Dispatch is on TGID 51376. Enter that talkgroup in a group for SCPD and label it as Prct 2 Dispatch.

If there are other SCPD talkgroups, other than Precinct Dispatches, you can add them to the same group if you wish. Just make sure to not any marked in the Mode column as "D" (Digital, which your 15X cannot decode), and any marked as E (encrypted), unless you find out that they are only encrypted part time. The scanner should skip the encrypted talkgroups on it's own.

If there are Fire talkgroups that you also want, you can put them in a separate "Fire" Group.

See Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual
and more specifically, this: Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

jondes

I have two systems. One for fire which is EDC
Id scan
I'd format afs
Then added 6 fire dept frequencies
All nfm
THE SECOND I MADE
MOT
ID SCAN
MOT FORMAT DECIMANL
SITE TYPE CUSTOM
QUICK KEY 7
Modulation NFL
Hold time 5 sec
Band plan per w2lie
TGId
Quick key 7
TGId decimal 51376
Number tag 7

Sorry any help is appreciated.

jondes

My question is how do I program edcas system frequencies like East Northport FD and the SCPD Motorola trucked system and have them on quick keys and work on scan as well. Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My question is how do I program edcas system frequencies like East Northport FD and the SCPD Motorola trucked system and have them on quick keys and work on scan as well. Thanks
Please provide the database link for the EDACS system. The only EDACS system I see in Suffolk County is this one:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6478

The LCN's are listed as unconfirmed, and there are no associated talkgroups listed with it. Yoou would need to determine the correct LCN's for this system in order to program it, and then determine what talkgroups are in use.

The link for the Suffolk Motorola Type II system is:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=722

If you have a Motorola system, as well as an EDACS system, they need to be in separate systems. For EDACS, you must enter the frequencies in the correct LCN order and designation. With two separate systems, one each for the two trunked systems, you can assign separate quick keys for each of them. If you also have some conventional (non-trunked) frequencies, they would need to be in a separate system. You cannot mix conventional frequencies and a trunked system together in one programmed system. Neither can you combine an EDACS and a Motorola (or other trunking type, such as P25) in one system. They must be created separately.

jondes

suffolk county NY 2nd pct and 2nd div frequencies

Steve,
Thank you for responding. The SCPD frequency for the 2nd pct dispatch is in the database link below.

The database link below are the fire dept frequencies that I want. 2 Division, Commack fire both, east northport tac 1 and repeater/operations, and greenlawn fire dept,

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1876#cid-21885

It's not a lot just not sure how to set up using proscan software. thank you again for your help.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Steve,
Thank you for responding. The SCPD frequency for the 2nd pct dispatch is in the database link below.

The database link below are the fire dept frequencies that I want. 2 Division, Commack fire both, east northport tac 1 and repeater/operations, and greenlawn fire dept,

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1876#cid-21885

It's not a lot just not sure how to set up using proscan software. thank you again for your help.
The fire frequencies you list are not on an EDACS system. They are conventional frequencies. You would enter them in a conventional, not a trunked system.

jondes

Can someone provide a step by step way of programming the scanner for the frequencies using proscan? that is my question.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Before you go hard core into programming, you should know how (and why) the scanner is programmed the way it is, and understand some basic trunking concepts. Our wiki has an article set up for this; at the bottom of the article are the links for the Easier to Read guides...(links are always blue)

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Once you understand how to program the scanner, you are ready to tackle ProScan. I would recommend going to our scanner programming software forum if you have ProScan related questions; there's a dedicated thread there. You could also go to our NY state forum and ask for a ProScan file for your area; many times that helps turn on the light bulb as it makes it easy to see what to do, even if you need to tweak the file for what you want.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.