Uniden BCT8 and Livonia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

csvt17

Just asking, but why would I wanna turn TG ID lists off? Thats how the scanner reads and transmits the voice data right? So without the ID's, it cant read anything. As the manual states also.

seamusg

csvt17 said:
Just asking, but why would I wanna turn TG ID lists off? Thats how the scanner reads and transmits the voice data right? So without the ID's, it cant read anything. As the manual states also.
A situation- if you had your scanner set up with PD in list 1 FD in list 2 city services in list 3 and court in list 4 and there was someting happening that you only wanted to hear PD you could turn off lists 2,3,4 and only hear the traffic on list 1. It's a feature to control what you want to hear on the scanner. When Macomb County goes on the MPSCS system, I going to have to layout the lists on my scanner to follow only a certain area insted of the whole county, ie. maybe just Roseville, Fraser and Clinton by turning off lists.

csvt17

With my situation...I only want to hear the Livonia FD period. lol

Anyways, there was more than 10 TG ID's (no dupes) I wanted to program, so I had to carry the rest of the ID's into list 2, cuz the first list of 10 got filled up...

EX: in list 1-1 to 1-10 theres 06-021 thru 15-157...then the rest I wanted to program carries over into list 2-1 to 2-10...

Is that ok also?

seamusg

csvt17 said:
With my situation...I only want to hear the Livonia FD period. lol

Anyways, there was more than 10 TG ID's (no dupes) I wanted to program, so I had to carry the rest of the ID's into list 2, cuz the first list of 10 got filled up...

EX: in list 1-1 to 1-10 theres 06-021 thru 15-157...then the rest I wanted to program carries over into list 2-1 to 2-10...

Is that ok also?
That will work. You can pick whichever TG you want to listen to and program just them. In ID SCAN you will only hear the TG you want to hear. The scanner will search all the lists that are enabled for a TG. Livonia is a small trunked system and if all you want is Lavonia PD thats ok. I was just trying to show why the scanner is laid out in lists.

csvt17

So I have all the TG ID's programmed that I want to hear from the Livonia FD...

ID SCAN will automatically go thru all of those ID's for me?

and i was gonna ask earlier, why are duplicate AFS/TG ID numbers in different lists bad?

Last edited:

csvt17 said:
So I have all the TG ID's programmed that I want to hear from the Livonia FD...

ID SCAN will automatically go thru all of those ID's for me?

and i was gonna ask earlier, why are duplicate AFS/TG ID numbers in different lists bad?

There not bad. the scanner will find the 1st one but it is extra things the scanner needs to compare while looking for a match

csvt17

There was a reply earlier that it was the wrong way to put duplicates into the TG ID lists...I DID have IDs that were in list 1, in list 2 making them dupes.

So I deleted the duplicates from list 2, and now list 2 isnt even filled all the way, and I have all the ID's I wanna hear...

Should I just fill the 4 or 5 spots left in list 2 with dupes again??

seamusg

csvt17 said:
There was a reply earlier that it was the wrong way to put duplicates into the TG ID lists...I DID have IDs that were in list 1, in list 2 making them dupes.

So I deleted the duplicates from list 2, and now list 2 isnt even filled all the way, and I have all the ID's I wanna hear...

Should I just fill the 4 or 5 spots left in list 2 with dupes again??
If you have all the TG's you want don't dup them in other lists in that bank. Once if enough.
When the scanner gets a TG number from the CC it sheaches all the lists in that bank for that TG number.

csvt17

Thanks...thats what I did.

Now, what if say there are 2 IDs active at the same time...which ID will the scanner pick up first? The ID first in order in the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.