Uniden BCT8 - Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianKiwi

Hi. I am new here. Hope I am posting this correctly. I have a BCT8 - have had it for a few years. It has stopped working, still scans, can select all the features, Pri, Data, etc. Can scan any band or service, but it doesn't pick up any RF!!!! If I lock it onto a local FM frequency, I can just barely hear noise. Volume is working ok, it still beeps loudly when turned on. It scans slowly. Has anyone had this problem with their T8 before? Thanks.

a29zuk

Sounds like a bad antenna connection or your RF section is fried. You didn't say whether you are using an indoor or outdoor antenna. If you are using an outdoor antenna, was there a thunderstorm lately? Check all of your antenna connections on the back of the scanner and outside. If you are just using an indoor antenna put the scanner back on the local broadcast or weather station. With antenna hooked up, try wiggling the BNC connector on the back of the scanner and see if the station comes in. This would indicate a cold solder joint and could be resoldered very easily.
Good Luck,
Jim

Bullmax

Are you using a mobile antenna? I know with mine the wire keeps slipping out of the round metal connector and I have to keep pushing the wire back in so the pin will seat into the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.