uniden Bear tracker BCT2

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979lee

Hello

today ive come across a BCT2 uniden beartracker scanner, circa 1989.
ive attached pics of the unit, she works quite good for $3.00, I was wonerding if anyone had a manual they could share? or might know what freq ranges this scanner has?
i know it has vhf low, vhf hi, uhf, as ive heard stuff in this range, google has not a bit of info , none at all, i usually go to rigpix.com to get my scanner info , but even they dont have this scanner.

thanks , lee
ki6mxl

Last edited:

captclint

Mentor
I was wondering if anyone had a manual they could share?
They have your manual: http://www.bearcat1.com/manuals.htm & http://www.vintagemanuals.com/manuals.php?manufacturer=Bearcat&center=
Googled this:
Uniden Bear Tracker BCT2 - Preprogrammed Scanning Radio with Highway Patrol Warning Alert, Fully Pre-Programmed memory contains all frequencies for Highway Patrol, D.O.T., Local Police and Weather, Band Coverage includes Low, High, UHF and UHF "T" public service bands so you won't miss out on any of the action. DELETE permits you to skip unwanted frequencies when scanning.
PRIORITY insures that you will not miss an alarm while listening to transmissions on another frequency.

The bad news is that you are stuck with whatever freq's were active 20 years ago, as it does not look like it can be programmed.:(

Last edited:

ncranchero

Premium Subscriber
I've used a BCT2 for a long time, mostly for the NCSHP. They're going 800 now but it still picks up a lot of local stuff. I have a manual in a zip file. I sent you a PM on how to get it.

Steve

Uniden Bear Tracker BCT2 manual

Someone on here sayed that they had a zip file of the manual, can you send me the .zip file as well. Thank You.

ncranchero

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the delay, didn't get notification of your reply.

PM me your e-mail address if you still need the manual zip.

IDEFIX

wow,i search on the net this information(manual owner) bct-2 it's very rare,i just buy this scanner use on ebay , can you email me the zip file please,thank you !! Daniel dsla@sympatico.ca

ncranchero

Premium Subscriber
IDEFIX, Sorry for the delay, didn't get notification of your reply.

Anyone else that reads this and needs the manual PLEASE just PM or email me as i'm not here as much as I used to be.

STHelensCB

UNIDEN beartrcker2

Hi I recently ran across a bct2 that works great as well! yey its old school, but for persnoal youse it shure would be nice to know how all the nobs & buttons work, can ya help me out with a manuel,

jaybeard

I'm looking for the BCT2 manual, also. I know a lot of people posted here looking. Did anyone get it? I would really like to get a copy. If you could help me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

moe19542000

Premium Subscriber
bct2 Manual

I've used a BCT2 for a long time, mostly for the NCSHP. They're going 800 now but it still picks up a lot of local stuff. I have a manual in a zip file. I sent you a PM on how to get it.

Steve

Steve do you still have the manual that you could send me just picked up a BCT2 and would like to learn about it. Also when I go through the states there is a XX any idea what that is or does it receive all the frequencies that have been programed in it?

ncranchero

Premium Subscriber
BCT-2 Manual copies

I've been away from scanning much for a while so if I have missed any requests for the BCT-2 manual please post back or better yet email me.

ranchero at bellsouth dot net

Status
Not open for further replies.