Uniden Bearcat BC-125AT Survives A (5) Story Drop

Bob1955

So my friend Richard from Mamaroneck, NY was on his terrace on the 5th floor of his condo and was playing poker on his Google phone on a table. When he went to go in for the evening, he picked up his cell at which point his scanner fell off the table and plunged (5) stories down and landed on a concrete driveway. He figured that when he went down the elevator to go outside to retrieve it, it will be broken into pieces but much to his surprise when he found it, the battery compartment cover was off the scanner and the (2) batteries were out of the scanner. He snapped the batteries back in place and the handheld survived with just a few scratches on the LCD screen and case. This is a true testimony that shows the quality and construction of a Uniden Bearcats quality and construction. I highly doubt it’s competitor could survive this.

Last edited:

wbswetnam

Premium Subscriber
I have my own story about my BCD325P2. Once I was putting a number of things into my car, so my hands were full. Stupidly, I put the BCD325P2 face-down on the roof of the car. I finished loading the car, got in, and took off, leaving the scanner on top of the car! I went three blocks when I heard this shliiiiippp! sound from the roof of my car. "Awww, $$$$!!!" I said. I stopped the car, turned around and went back. It was laying in the gutter. I picked it up, pressed the 'on' button, and it came to life! It only suffered a few scratches. I'm a lot more careful now where I put my radios.

Bob1955

You should have put the disclaimer: Don't try this at home!

Tell Richard to buy a lottery ticket today. :)
Yes, exactly! He told me this morning this ,"Bob, had it been smashed to pieces, I would have bought a Bearcat SDS-100 top of the line JUST to bust your chops! lmao