Uniden Bearcat BC125AT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mervo44

Hi all. Is there someone out there who could show/tell me how to program my Uniden Bearcat BC125AT,
scanner. I want to search between an upper and lower frequency, but I don't know how to do this, Any help/assistance greatly appreciated,

Merv
Adelaide
Australia,

wtp

from the manual

Programming Custom Search Ranges
You can define each search range used during a Custom Search.
1. Press Func then Pgm/E in Custom Search mode to view
the Search menu.
2. Turn SCROLL CONTROL to Program Limits and press
Pgm/E.
3. Turn SCROLL CONTROL to Search Bank 1-10 and press
Pgm/E. You will see the previously programmed lower
frequency. At Lower, press Pgm/E and use the keypad to
enter the lower limit frequency then press Pgm/E.
4. Scroll to Upper and press Pgm/E. You will see the
previously programmed upper frequency. Use the keypad
to enter the upper limit frequency then press Pgm/E.
5. Press . Clr to return to the Select Bank menu. Repeat for
each custom search bank you want to reprogram then
press Srch/Svc to start searching.

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BC125AT/BC125AT.pdf

without the radio i find it hard to follow.
i have programmed unidens but that was in person. with a radio in hand you get to see what it does faster

Mervo44

I did what you asked, but didn't have much success.The problem as I see it is that I can only select specific frequency banks. Not the banks I want. For instance,, I want to enter my own bank. Say, 27mHz to say 40 mHz. I don't think it lets me do this. Your comments appreciated.

wtp

that what it said

those are the steps to change the preset banks.
if it is like the other unidens then you have to go back and choose custom scan after changing it.

wbswetnam

It's easier if you change the settings in the software and not directly on the scanner itself.
1. Run the BC125AT software. Attach the USB cable to the scanner and turn on the scanner.
2. On the third row down from the top, you see some tabs labeled Bank 1, Bank 2, etc... click on the tab that says Custom Search
3. Input the values that you want in the matrix, i.e., 25.0 in the box for Bank 1/ Lower, then 40.0 in the box for Bank 1 / Upper.
4. Go to File, then Save (or just click on the tiny grey icon with the computer disk).
5. Press on the icon which shows a red arrow pointing toward the scanner; this uploads the programming to the scanner
6. Close the program and turn the scanner off. Disconnect the scanner.
7. Turn the scanner back on.
8. On the scanner keyboard, select Srch. Make sure you only have the first bank selected (you can change which search bank you have running by simply pressing the number, i.e., "1" for Search Bank 1, "2" for Search Bank 2, etc.)

You should be good to go now.

Last edited:

Mervo44

You are an absolute Wizard, Thank you so much. The scanning software did the trick,,,,,,,as well as you !

Last edited:

Mervo44

You have helped me enough, but the only other problem I have is that when "All Channels locked out" is displayed, I click on 'Func" then "E" and scroll down to unlock all channels. When this is displayed and I click on "E" to unlock them, they are still locked out.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Have you programmed any channels, or only the search range?

If you have programmed channels, have you enabled the bank containing those channels?

wtp

again from the manual

• You can turn scan banks on/off by pressing 1-9 or 0, but one
scan bank must always be enabled. If you turn off all scan
banks, the scanner will display Nothing to Scan.

the numbers act like a toggle switch. as you press them they turn on and off.
there should be a list of numbers at the bottom of the screen and shows which is on.

Scan125

The channels will be locked out (even if you unlock them) if there is no data stored in a channel location. Do a Search and when you get a "hit" save this to one of the Scan Bank Channels.

If you want to try some additional software then take a look at my Scan125 Control Program. It is free and as far as I know the only software that allows *full* remote control of the scanner with on PC display etc.

See link to my website below on my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.