Uniden Bearcat BCD-996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

davel3083

Hello everyone, I am new to the scanner world, I purchased a BCD-996T from a person and had him program it for me, it arrived in the mail, everything is fine, I love listening to it, it is exactly what I wanted.. now with that being said, I want to set a couple of channels as priory channels to scan and I looked at my manual, it will not work the way the manual states, so I am hoping there are a few very knowledgeable members out there that may be able to assist me with this problem...thanks in advance..

kd4eaq

Premium Subscriber
Been using 996s for years. Go to freq you want to make Priority and click on it, opening channel menu. Scroll down to "SET PRIORITY", Turn ON. Go to main menu and Set PRIORITY to "ON". Will only work on conventional freqs with 996T. Good luck and enjoy.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I suggest downloading Freescan and reading the scanner. Then save the file someplace safe.

From there you can use the Freescan to make changes, add or delete as desired. If something goes wrong you can recover from that initial file.

Might be a little intimidating at first, but with time and practice you can perfect your scanner.

ab3a

I own this exact scanner. Priority channel reception is not possible while you're monitoring a trunked system. My solution is to build a list of conventional single frequency channels, assign them to a bank, and then scan that bank along with the other trunked systems.

It is not ideal. You can miss the conventional channel stuff while monitoring a trunked system.

As others have pointed out you can do this with the Freescan software. I use it and I highly recommend it.

My solution is pretty cheesy: I have an old conventional scanner that I used for the conventional channels and I use the trunking capable scanner for the other stuff. You'd be surprised what you can pick up for not much money on E-Bay or even from an estate sale...

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It would really be helpful if someone had actually given him the link for FreeScan (ahem)...fortunately, the article below has it...

This article from our wiki (links are always blue) has links to just about everything you need to know to get going. The Easier to Read manuals for these radios (including the 996T) are linked at the bottom of...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

The link for getting FreeScan is also in this article

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.