Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT & BCD996XT Dual Radios Uniden Butel ARC XT Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Maybe this belongs in software, but it refers specifically to the Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT and BCD996XT under Butel ARC XT Pro. Since I already have both of those scanners, I already have the software, and I have a new Windows 7 desktop computer, I was looking at getting a serial port card since my USB to serial port adapter works for my Yaesu ham radio, but not the Butel software. Anyway, as I look online for serial port cards, I see that dual serial port cards are very reasonably priced. If I were to buy that and install it in my Gateway computer, can I run twin sessions of Butel side by side? I would probably use the BCD396XT to scan my local trunked system and then use the BCD996XT to search or something along those lines. Maybe this is over the top or maybe there are some other cconsiderations that I am unaware of.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
I know this isn't the answer you are looking for, but I can run 2 separate sessions of other scanner software at once. (Even on the same USB port with a splitter, but I don't recommend that.)

So unless Arc is different, I don't see why not.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
I can't see why it wouldn't work. I have a Windows 7 computer with a dual serial port card, but I haven't used it to run two iterations of ARC-XT and connect to two different scanners. I have run two iterations of the software without a problem, I just haven't tried to connect to two scanners at the same time.

What type of USB to serial adapter do you have? From what I have seen the Yaesu radios are more picky than the Unidens when it comes to adapters.

Premium Subscriber
Couple of USB1 cables is one way to do it. Just plug each scanner in to a separate USB port and you're good to go. ARC-XT PRO has no problem with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.