Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pvtqueball

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have this scanner or know anythign about it b/c I just purchased one but dont know anything about it. If you have any information about this please let me know b/c i will need to learn how to program it and all the fun stuff to get it working! Thank you for your Help!

Rusty

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Pvtqueball said:
Does anyone have this scanner or know anythign about it b/c I just purchased one but dont know anything about it. If you have any information about this please let me know b/c i will need to learn how to program it and all the fun stuff to get it working! Thank you for your Help!

Rusty

Download freescan. That's a great program for a beginner.

Pvtqueball

Premium Subscriber
Programs and software

Ok here is another ? i bought some software with the scanner but i have heard all these things like I need programs and software and frequincies and all this stuff can you please clarify what exactly what i need to get started when i pull my scanner out of the box lol!

Rusty

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Rusty you need to read a few things before you proceed (from here on out, anything in blue is a link);

a. To understand how to work with DMA, check out our DMA FAQ wiki article. There you will get a basic understanding of things like groups, sites, systems, quick keys and much more. These are key to understanding how to work with this scanner;

b. The Uniden TWiki site has more information about the 996xt and various functions

c. Although no 'complete ref' exists for the 996XT yet, the 396XT is close enough that it's reference should be very useable. It can be found here

You didn't say which program you bought - there really are only 3 that you can use for programming and control - FreeScan (freeware), ARC XT and ProScan. I see you've already posted in the Arkansas forum; be sure to be specific about which program you have, because formats used by these 3 are not necessarily interchangeable.

All 3 can download data from our database; you're already a premium subscriber, so this function is available to you. Alternately, someone in the Ark. forum can send you a file you can directly import.

Finally, making the connection between the PC and scanner is possible using a USB cable, as most newer PCs don't have serial ports. This article describes which cables are known to work (there may well be other distributors that also work, but no one has documented that yet) and how to properly load drivers, and tricks you will need to know

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.