Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT Tone Out Search Setup Delay Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I have had the Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT for a couple of months now, but I am revisiting the Tone Out Search function. I have experimented with different Delay Time Settings and I think when the local communications center is sending multiple sets of tones and I have the Delay Time set at 1 second, the BCD996XT will decode the first set of tones, but since it is on 1 second delay, I will miss decoding the second set of tones. Actually, that may be how it is intended to work, but I am just wondering if others here have experienced the same thing and what selection they are making. I certainly do like having multiple choice selection for this, however. For example, if I am mobile with the BCD396XT and I am in Tone Out Search mode, I am more inclined to select 30 seconds or infinite. I figure that way if I need to write down the pair of tones found, I will have ample time. On the other hand, if I am using the BCD996XT and it is connected to ATC-XT PRO I had been selecting 1 second delay and the History Log will show the found hits. The other thing I am noticing is my local communications center transmits a steady 1000 hZ alert tone for some calls, but an alternating 800 hZ and 1500 hZ tone on other calls. One is for fires and the other is for medical calls. Sometimes the A/B will show 800/1500, but other times the logged A/B is 1500/800. Anyway, what settings are you guys using either stand alone or connected to ARC-XT PRO or other software and what are your results?

Status
Not open for further replies.