Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCO

You are welcome..I bought the Uniden GPS puck for my HomePatrol, I'm amazed how sensitive it is (picked up most of the satellites while inside my house). I've used it with my laptop and a GPS program (VisualGPS) to verify some lat/long location questions. Also using the puck with Vistumbler to map some of the wifi access points in the area. Only issue I have is the external power connection (cigarette lighter plug) which ends up with cables strung all over....

BillyFred

I have several of the 996 radios in my truck and one is totally GPS driven. It's really sweet once you fine tune the boundaries. The Garmin puck works very well. In my Ford truck there's a little tray in the center on the dash. I open in up and mag mounted the puck to a support member and fished the coax down the backside of the dash. it see right through the plastic dash./tray and it's completely hidden.

Truthfully I thought I'd never use the GPS function but I love it!

got My Radio last Night I am programing it Now One Thing it does not seem to pickup Edacs Channels or Motorola channels for my Local Area what its doing is Picking up Only Los angeles CA! only i am in Riverside County!

trkntrlrman

RS-PRO 34, RS-PRO 60, BCD396XT, BCD996XT, SDS200
Premium Subscriber
Mike I'm in Coachella Valley, and get the EDACS great, except for the Encripted talk, just get garbled noise for that. You have a good Scanner, just might need some tweeking.... What program are you useing for programming? I use freescann and love it... Pluss getting a membership here so you can download will help a lot.... Good luck..

its working

I broke down and got a Prem account the scanner now works perfect now thanks for all the info guys
this radio really works great I just picked up mount charleston NV .... must have hit a repeater

so much more easy now click and download channels:)

giguchan

Premium Subscriber
I broke down and got a Prem account the scanner now works perfect now thanks for all the info guys
this radio really works great I just picked up mount charleston NV .... must have hit a repeater

so much more easy now click and download channels:)

Prem Acct was worth it? i'm driving up to visit my mom so i thought i might get some goodies while i am on my way..SM is on the way hehehe so i bass proshop.. guess i'll join too
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.