Uniden Bearcat BCT8

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxfyrmedic

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a scanner that I can use in my area. I live and work in Fairfax County, VA and we use and 800 mHz digital trunked sysrem. Below is the info that this site provides for my area. I have found some that are not going to break the bank and wanted to know if they will work. Any input would be GREATly appreciated. I am also looking at the Uniden BCT15 BearTracker. Any input on this unit would also be appreciated.

Kevin

Fairfax Info:

System Type: Motorola Type II SmartZone
System Voice: Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface

Also, I bought the new iScan at Radio shack. Im quite certain it will not work in my area. Please let me know about this as well.

Highpockets

I am looking for a scanner that I can use in my area. I live and work in Fairfax County, VA and we use and 800 mHz digital trunked sysrem. Below is the info that this site provides for my area. I have found some that are not going to break the bank and wanted to know if they will work. Any input would be GREATly appreciated. I am also looking at the Uniden BCT15 BearTracker. Any input on this unit would also be appreciated.

Kevin

Fairfax Info:

System Type: Motorola Type II SmartZone
System Voice: Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface

Also, I bought the new iScan at Radio shack. Im quite certain it will not work in my area. Please let me know about this as well.

You'll need a digital scanner, you can look here for the latest models:

Digital Scanners

Or shop around for an older model digital scanner, check out the classified section on this site for starters.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Nope, that's an analog only scanner.

Check out this category from our wiki - it lists all the digital scanners, past and present. You might want to jump to the Virginia forum and ask Fairfax folks what they find is the best for their area...

Category:Digital Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

When you click on this, simply click on the model number you wish to investigate. Disqualify the 250 and 785 immediately, as they will not be supported when certain changes come down the pike for rebanding.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.