Uniden Bearcat SDS100 - Monitoring TRS (ex. P25, AES/ADP/DES-OFB/OTAR) etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlopez0580

Hey scanner monitoring hobbyists,

Just a little about me: I live in Central Florida, (USA) and I do travel a lot. I have been doing the scanner hobby for some time now. However, I just purchased the new Uniden Bearcat SDS100 Hand-held scanner. I had the Uniden BCD436HP scanner since 2015, but I felt it was time to upgrade technology. In my BCD436HP I had all 3 keys purchased (ProVoice, DMR, and NXDN) I noticed I was receiving more channels, but still not receiving those other systems out there. Is there any word on the encryption keys coming out for the AES/ADP/DES-OFB/OTAR, etc? I would love to be able to monitor channels that utilize the special purchased keys. I understand that when we register, purchase, and monitor these exclusive systems they're aware we have these keys. Since we are willing to purchase the luxury of monitoring exclusive systems we should be able to have capabilities of monitoring the systems which the FCC states we have the right to monitor the airwaves and be aware of what is going on around us.

Any info on how to be able to monitor these systems or rumors of the upgrade keys coming soon, please let me know, and lets keep scanning.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Scanners cannot decrypt encrypted traffic nor would it be legal for them to do so.

Your best bet is to get a job with whatever agency you want to monitor that is encrypted.

And I'm closing this before it gets out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.