Uniden Bearcat SR30C Programming Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxonly

NO WHERE can I find information on exactly HOW to CHANGE from one bank to the NEXT. Then no where can I locate information on once in the selected bank, how to enter a frequency and then how to SAVE it OR EVEN how to start a new frequency to enter and save once a frequency before it has been successfully saved. No where can I discover how to JUMP from one bank to another or if one must go through in numerical series in order to reach the wanted bank. All the included manual tells you is WHAT things do but fails to INSTRUCT HOW to do them.

There's a huge difference and without that transparency, I'm completely lost like a ship listing at sea with no hope of help arriving. That is absolutely pathetic nomenclature which is included with this radio. Just pathetic. How are new users, let alone new users to the format even, supposed to use equipment if there is NO information ANYWHERE that thoroughly and cohesively instructs? Nothing helpful in the manual and even less on the internet or interweb, whatever one wants to call it, other than ads to sell the radio. Disgusting and uncalled for.

The ONLY thing I can locate on the internet are one or two videos about what seems to be a common issue with this radio. Everyone seems to run into seeing All Loc Out at some point on the screen. From what I understand, it has to do with indicating no frequencies having been yet set, but to show such a label as All Loc Out for that is ridiculous. Why not just Empty Bank? Something simple. Remember KISS?

And even with that, it still leaves a person with many more questions about it. I THOUGHT clearing the software would clean the message out. Nope. I thought entering a frequency into a bank would stop it. Nope. Either that or what I THOUGHT of as having SAVED the frequency was possibly never actually saved, but who the heck knows because NOTHING is easy to understand and know what's going on with this thing.

I'm still at level one out of ten with any knowledge of this All Loc Out screen. Still confused as a nightmare.

If someone can't help me out here, then I've got a $100+ paperweight and a new, unused one at that.

Last edited:

N4DJC

Bearcat Warehouse has a YouTube video that explains it pretty well.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
If someone can't help me out here, then I've got a $100+ paperweight and a new, unused one at that.

If you have a Windows PC, you may find it less frustrating to use the Uniden-supplied software to program your scanner.

There are other software options available that have more features, but that would be a good place to start I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.