Uniden Beartracker 885 Scanner side question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased the Uniden 885 for my pick up truck. I needed the CB function but was excited the CB allowed monitoring analog and digital systems. The question I have is on the scanner side in reference to the range function of the database. I have owned the HP2 , BCD436HP and the SDS100 of course all having the RR database. Is there anyway for me to adjust the range on the 885 from 1nm to 30 nm like the other HP scanners?

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the replies. The scan range works in association with the GPS. The GPS determines your location which I have used in the past and understand its function. My thought is depending on the scan range as it increases or decreases determine what you can hear as you drive. If the 885 is preset for example 2 miles a user will only hear basically the municipality or small county they are in. As the scan range increases from for example 2nm to 20 nm this increases what the scanner will hear as you drive. I would much rather it be set to its max range which i believe is 50nm then it be limited to a small 1nm or 2nm scan range which would drastically reduce what is heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.