Uniden Br330T from scanner master

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHAS12

Hello everybody, I just noticed scanner master is selling Uniden Br330t's. I thought the 330 was discontinued long ago. I just ordered one but was wondering how they are selling them several years after they have been discontinued by Uniden. I am excited for it to arrive as I have heard many good things about this scanner.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello everybody, I just noticed scanner master is selling Uniden Br330t's. I thought the 330 was discontinued long ago. I just ordered one but was wondering how they are selling them several years after they have been discontinued by Uniden. I am excited for it to arrive as I have heard many good things about this scanner.
I think there was something, quite a while back, that when Uniden discontinued the BR330T, ScannerMaster picked up the remaining stock. For a while, they were selling them for about twice what the current price is.While I have one of these, bought when they first came out, being analog when most everything seems to be headed to digital, it has a limited potential market now. Still good as a race scanner, and also for airband.

DHAS12

I think there was something, quite a while back, that when Uniden discontinued the BR330T, ScannerMaster picked up the remaining stock. For a while, they were selling them for about twice what the current price is.While I have one of these, bought when they first came out, being analog when most everything seems to be headed to digital, it has a limited potential market now. Still good as a race scanner, and also for airband.

I picked one up mainly because there is really nothing digital in my area, and I can't see any of my local Police or Fire depts going digital for quite a while now due to limited budgets, so this will work well for me, and I did not need much else.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
My BR330T has been my daily scanner for 7+ years now and I am very happy with it. There is still a lot of analog audio to listen to in Los Angeles and Kern county.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Last thing I need is another scanner, but I bought BR330T for $150 or so from scanner master about 1 month ago. Works fine, and as Steve Simpkin states above, there is still plenty of analog stuff in Los Angeles and surrounding areas. Even without trunking, still lots of stuff. Sure I have the newer x36HPs and TRXs, but occasionally I pull out my old BC-100XLT programmed with 100 conventional analog stations, and you can listen to things day and night.

K1TSL

I picked up a used 330T about ten years back and it's the only one I won't sell. I don't have much digital near me but I do use a 436 as my daily driver now thanks to some local DMR and some p25 in an area I visit. Have to say that the 330t is great on VHF air and low band. I think it's better than 436 in that regard. And I have picked up some 10 meter activity within an indoor antenna now and then.
Anyway, I think it's a good purchase even today.

scannersnstuff

i considered one, but i think the price is still too high,for what it does. i bought one originally, and sold it a few year's later. great audio.

Haley

I made a post about the BR330T a couple of months back. Asked some questions about it,and got a lot of good feedback on the 330. So I picked one up , from Scannermaster (it was $149.95 then), it had always been on my list of "why did I not pick one of those up".

My favorite scanners of all-time are the 396XT, and 346XT (have and use both still), and 330T is the same level (for me).

Anyway I had been meaning to write a short impression of it's HF capabilities for those that care. Using many different antennas, I have come to the conclusion (due to the 330's wide coverage) , my Maldol AH-W100RX telescoping antenna works best.

Last weekend I spent time in the yard with it, temp. was in the 60s, and sunny. It was receiving HF FAR beyond my expectations in the middle of the day(1-3 pm) I was able to listen from 5mhz-through 25mhz., copying broadcasts in all bands. At night 13mhz down to 2.5mhz no problem. Here is the kicker though, inside and outside (on broadcast HF), it received better than my Tecsun880----which is my bench mark portable. I was a bit shocked (and ticked off , actually). It could be because the Tecsun is SO sensitive---I don't know, I am not expert like some on here. I bought the 330 to use for some mil-air, and HF broadcast in one package. Anyway for someone who may not need digital (or doesn't care), the 330 is an AWESOME analog trunking scanner, and jack of all trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.